TeamSnap and SportsFeelGoodStories.com launch search for the “Sports Feel Good Story of the Year”
Fans vote to select the most inspirational sports stories
TeamSnap and SportsFeelGoodStories.com today (May 29, 2014) launched a contest to find the “Sports Feel Good Story of the Year” to recognize inspiring athletes, coaches and fans from around the world. Submissions will be accepted between now and October, and winners will be chosen in December.
“From a NFL player picking up the tab for a Christmas toy shopping spree to a high school basketball team manager with autism making 3-pointers at a varsity game, sports feel good stories reinforce the best of human nature,” said SportsFeelGoodStories.com Founder Mike O’Halloran. “That’s why people love sharing these stories.”
Whether spectators or participants in the stories, people can submit entries through Oct. 31 at SportsFeelGoodStories.com. A panel of representatives from TeamSnap and SportsFeelGoodStories.com will select 10 finalists at the beginning of November, followed by a public vote on the site to determine the first, second and third place stories. The first place winner will receive a $500 cash prize. See complete details below at SportsFeelGoodStories.com.
“We often hear inspiring stories from our millions of users around the world, and this is a way to bring to light those stories and the everyday heroes involved in them,” said Ken McDonald, vice president of customer acquisition, TeamSnap. “It’s easy to get swept up in the competitive spirit of sports, but when it comes down to it, we’re all out there on the field to have fun and support each other. We’re excited to see what submissions people send.”
TeamSnap/Sports FeelGoodStories.com “Sports Feel Good Story of the Year” 2014 Contest
Players, coaches and fans around the world are invited to submit their favorite inspirational sports stories in the TeamSnap/Sports FeelGoodStories.com “Sports Feel Good Story of the Year” 2014 Contest.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter this contest, you must agree to the OFFICIAL RULES. Please read the OFFICIAL RULES completely. You agree that your submission of an entry constitutes agreement to these OFFICIAL RULES. You may not submit an entry unless you agree to these OFFICIAL RULES.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone under the age of 18 years old must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian to be eligible to receive any prizes. Employees, interns and contractors of TeamSnap, Inc., SportsFeelGoodStories.com and Michael & Gabriel, Inc., along with their immediate families, and any agencies or agents are ineligible to participate.
3. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter or win this contest. Entries are only accepted via the entry form at www.sportsfeelgoodstories.com/contest – SEE BELOW – between May 29, 2014 and October 31, 2014. Each entry may include up to a 400 word write-up in English on an inspirational sports story that has taken place between May 27, 2014 and October 31, 2014. Each write-up should address the who, what, where, when and how questions of the submitted story, as well as why it fits the “sports feel good” theme of this contest. In addition, each entry may have up to 2 links to write-ups or videos of the story, and up to 2 photographs may be included.
The content of the write-up and any photography submitted must be original work. See Warranty and Indemnity section below.
4. JUDGING: Entries will by judged by a panel from TeamSnap and SportsFeelGoodStories.com on the following weighted criteria:
- 75%: How inspirational is the sports story submitted?
- 25%: The quality of the story write-up. Specifically, how well is it written?
If there are more than one submissions of the same story, the quality of the story write-up will be the determining criterion for the judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
5. PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded to the parties submitting the winning entries.
- (1) First place prize: $500
- (1) Second place prize: $150
- (1) Third place price: $100
Total prizes: (3) with total prizes distributed $750. All prizes will be awarded via check. Prize winners are responsible for any taxes. If whatever reason, a winner is unable to accept their prize, TeamSnap and SportsFeelGoodStories.com reserve the right to award the prize to another contestant.
- Entry submission begins: May 29, 2014
- Entry submission ends: October 31, 2014
- Voting begins on www.sportsfeelgoodstories.com: On or about November 4, 2014
- Voting ends: November 30, 2014
- Winners announced: On or about December 9, 2014
- Prizes delivered: On or about December 21, 2014
7. PRIVACY: Entrants agree and acknowledge that personal data submitted with an entry, including name, mailing address, phone number, and email address may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by TeamSnap and SportsFeelGoodStories.com (HEREAFTER “SPONSORS”) and its affiliates for the purposes of administering the Contest.
8. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that the writing and any photography submitted (HEREAFTER, “WORK”) is their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder and that they have the right to submit the WORK in the Contest. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any WORK that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified SPONSORS at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SPONSORS from and against any and all actions, claims or suits, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (a) any WORK uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (b) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (c) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules.
9. ELIMINATION. Any false information provided by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules, or the like, may result in Entrant’s entry being eliminated from the Contest at the sole discretion of the SPONSORS.
10. PUBLICITY. By submitting an entry, each Entrant agrees that SPONSORS have the permission to publish the writing and photographs online at www.sportsfeelgoodstories.com, at other sites of their choosing, in social media and in any format – digital or printed – of their choosing. Also, each entrant agrees that edits may be made to the work – both the writing and the photographs – before publishing, without any prior review by the entrant.