Athletes in any sport can make their biggest improvements during the offseason. It’s no different for football players. With the NFL Super Bowl nearly upon us, for most youth football players, there’s been sufficient rest time to enjoy a needed break since their own football season’s conclusion. Now is a good time for most to begin preparing for next season.
Football Offseason Training Workouts
Author Ted Browne has made it easy for youth football player to get ready with his book: MVP Offseason Workouts for Youth Football. Browne, who played college football at St. Thomas and some professional ball in Finland, is a youth football coach in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
His plans are designed for players 10 – 14 years old as a means to get ready for football season and to stay in shape.
His approach to football workout plans include:
• Increase the level of difficulty over time. Some of the fitness drills will get progressively more difficult. The approach is to start slow so that players grow accustom to using different muscles, and then as the plan progresses, more repetitions or longer time periods are built in.
• A strong emphasis on strength and conditioning.
• A focus on fundamentals. Browne’s approach places an emphasis on developing building blocks of what makes up a good football player knowing that those skills can easily transfers from one team to the next.
• Shifting activities quickly. Players can get bored quickly. By moving from one activity to the next quickly, it keeps players interested and enables players to work on many different skill sets.
• A fitness focus. Players play their best when they’re in shape. It’s hard to execute at the highest level if you’re tired, lack strength or are just out of shape.
Browne’s MVP Offseason Workouts for Youth Football includes:
- Activities rotate from one to the next quickly to keep players interested and for the aerobic benefit.
- Designed for either a 6-week time period with 3 sessions each week or a 9-week time period with 2 sessions each week. Players who play another sport in the offseason frequently find the 9-week time period works best.
- Minute-by-minute breakdown of activities.
- Instant access. This product is sold only as an ebook where a link will be sent for you to download the product immediately.
Inspirational stories, football quotes and football facts to get players pumped up for their workouts
- Players learn about the game of football and some important life lessons.
Information young football players should know
Featured content includes:
- How to interact with coaches.
- How to eat smart on game days and before and after practice.
- The benefits of goal setting, and more.
Why Football Offseason Workout Plans are important?
• Breaking down the bigger game into each of the individual components makes it easier.
• Repetition of an exercise builds muscle memory. By focusing in on individual skills during an offseason workout, a player gets plenty of opportunities to fine-tune those skills and really improve upon them.
• It’s essential that players are fit for the season.
Browne’s Football Offseason Workout Plans are available here for just $19.99. You’ll get instant access so your players can begin working out today. The title can be purchased for an individual player – we recommend using the program with a workout partner (could be a parent or a friend) – or for a team.
MVP Offseason Workouts are also available for youth baseball, basketball, fitness and softball. Each title sells for $19.99 and is available instantly.