News about Sports Feel Good Stories:
• “Among Giants: Minnesota Athlete Overcomes 70-Plus Surgeries To Join State’s Greats,” a SportsFeelGoodStories article on St. Paul athlete Thomas Bowlin, was selected as the cover story of Yahoo Sports’ online magazine, “The Post Game,” and was featured on the home page of Yahoo.com.
• Yahoo Sports’ online magazine, “The Post Game,” recently featured the Sportsfeelgoodstories.com story, “Two of the Coolest Jobs at Lambeau Field.”
• SportsFeelGoodStories.com was selected as a “Top 10 Youth Sports Blog for Parents” by Blogs.com “The Best in Blogs.” Amongst those joining SportsFeelGoodStories.com in the Top 10 Youth Sports Blogs for Parents are Prep Rally (USA Today), Youth Sports Nation (Positive Coaching Alliance), and Title IX Blog.
• SportsFeelGoodStories.com was PE Central’s Web Site Review of the Month for October, 2009. PE Central is “The Premier Web site for Health and Physical Education.” Here’s an excerpt from the review:
“…I was knocked back in my seat with emotional tugs at my heart. Tears streamed down my face as I read the story about the softball player who hit her only home run of her career and torn her ACL; I was touched to hear about how she was able to make it around the bases.
This site contains many stories that you could use in your teaching and coaching to inspire your students and to give them a little background information about that particular sport. It is peppered with current stories, past stories, and stories about current events; one that caught my eye was about a blind basketball player who was the designated free throw shooter-you’ll have to read the story to find out the details. Each of the stories I read was a quick read, nothing overly lengthy. I was pleased to see what an exceptional job they did including both genders as well as those who have physical challenges.”
• SportsFeelGoodStories.com’s Editor Mike O’Halloran was interviewed by Mickey Hiter on the Athletes Parent Show on the Zone (the Sports Station) in Nashville, Tennessee.
• SportsFeelGoodStories.com was one of 5 sites profiled as useful youth sports sites in Bill Gosse’s “Youth Sports” column in the Green Bay Gazette, Appleton Post-Crescent and other Gannett Wisconsin Media newspapers in Wisconsin.
• SportsFeelGoodStories.com was featured in Gene’s Blog on Tommie Sports. Gene McGivern is the Sports Information Director for the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota.
• SportsFeelGoodStories.com’s Editor Mike O’Halloran was interviewed by Greg Kamp for the Youth Sports Now radio program out of Rochester, New York.
• SportsFeelGoodStories.com’s review is in good company at the 94Fifty basketball site.
• Selected as a “100 Great Sites for Coaches” by Sports Management Degree.