Are you ready to have your best year coaching youth softball? The first thing to consider: go into the season with softball practice plans that you can trust can make a huge difference. You won’t have to wing it with these plans. You’ll have such a better season with these plans from the Well Prepared Coach™.
Proven Softball Practice Plans
Coaching softball can be a lot of fun, but it also comes with a set of challenges. As a result, the best way to address these challenges is to be prepared.
Consider what plans can do for you as a youth softball coach:
- Instill confidence in yourself, your coaches and players by working with a proven system from an experienced coaches who have “been there and done that.”
- Identify coaching concepts to address and the order to address them in – the right stuff to teach at the right time.
- Most importantly, generate team improvement rapidly. The biggest winners are the players!
- You’ll save time because the planning is done. You won’t have to start from scratch; just review and tweak as needed for your team. Print out the plan for your upcoming practice and bring it with you to use as your guide.
- Enable you to “coach in the moment” at practices by being focused on the task at hand, and consequently, you won’t have to worry about what to do next.
Softball Coaching Plans Templates
This ebook includes agendas and teaching points for twenty‐five, 90‐minute practices and twenty‐five, 10‐minute, pre‐practice meetings. Don’t wing it — be ready for every softball practice & pre-practice meeting.
Practice Plans = Preparation
Softball great Lisa Fernandez once said,
“We’re prepared, and we’ve done everything we can to prepare for this moment in time. That’s what confidence is all about.”
Having a softball practice plan like this brings confidence to the coaches, and it translates to the players. Check out these other great softball quotes.
Why Softball Coaches like these practice plans
Here’s why coaches like these practice plans:
- You’re ready for practice in very little time. Just take 5 – 10 minutes to review the plans before practice, print out the plan for the day and you’re good to go.
- This coaching process works. John has coached for over 20 years. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Learn from an expert who has had success.
- You can coach in the moment because you don’t have to worry about what to do next. This gives you time to really enjoy coaching each part of practice. No longer do you have to worry about what the next drill will be and how to organize it.
- Players rapidly improve with this process.
- Coach in the right order, and keep you players engaged.
The Well-Prepared Coach — 25 Youth Softball Coaching Plans (EBook) — $29.97
About John Blissenbach
John Blissenbach started as a high school assistant varsity/JV head coach working with varsity head coach Hank Mauer (Great uncle of Minnesota Twins All‐Star Catcher, Joe Mauer). John has coached all levels of youth softball. He has coached and managed championship youth & American Legion baseball teams. He began coaching baseball in 1979 at the age of 20.
John has also been a coach for his 4 children’s baseball, football, basketball, track & soccer teams in addition to softball. During the past 20 years of coaching, he has had the great pleasure of coaching more than 50 youth (boys & girls) teams.
Softball Drills and Practice Templates
Note from author John Blissenbach
Softball practices can be boring for players. For many teams, softball practices consist of warm-up catch, batting practice followed by a round of infield. Players spent a lot of time standing around watching other players hit and occasionally field a ball hit to them. Most coaches have little time to think about or prepare a plan for each practice.
If as a youth softball coach, you would rather have fun, structured, fast‐moving practices loaded with fundamentals, then this book is for you. As you enter a new softball season, four things are certain; your players will be diverse in their skills and understanding of the game, there is great deal your players will need to learn, and finally, you will have a limited amount of time to prepare for each practice, as well as a limited amount of time during practice.
Softball Practices Make the Difference
How your players spend their time during practice will determine the success of your team’s season. What your players do during practice and when they do it is entirely up to you. Your players are counting on you to be prepared so they can be prepared.
This guide is intended to make your coaching job a lot easier. If you’re new to coaching, you can use this guide as your road map. If you’ve coached before, this guide will remove a lot of the work associated with mapping out each practice. You can supplement the practice plans with your own concepts that have worked for you in the past.
With your use of this guide, your players will be learning, having fun and picking up on the key softball concepts at the right time. As a coach, you’ll look experienced, knowledgeable and well prepared. Plus, with some of the heavy lifting removed from our schedule, you’ll have more time to appreciate the season. Enjoy!
Practice Plans PDF Available Immediately
You’ll receive a PDF upon purchase – this product is a digital download. The PDF works on both both Macs and PCs – just make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader (available for free) on your computer. The PDF enables you to print out pages you want, when you need them.
Fastpitch softball plans make a big difference. What aged teams are these plans designed for? Well, they’ll work for 10u practice plans up to high school.
Softball Drills and Tips
The Well-Prepared Coach — 25 Youth Softball Practice Plans (EBook) — $29.97
When you purchase this ebook, you’ll be immediately sent a link enabling you to download the PDF. The PDF file, which you’ll save to your computer, works on PCs and Macs.
Softball Sample Outline for Practice
The book comes with an overview of the 25 practices. Here’s what the first 10 practices look like.
- Here’s what a sample practice plan grid looks like. Coaches can print the sheet with them to practice. You can be ready for practice in 5 minutes with these plans. These work as practice plans for 10 year olds, practice plans for beginners to experienced coaches, and for high school.
NOTE: Actual size is 8.5″ by 11″
Free Softball Practice Plans
Here’s one, free softball practice plan for you to check out the format. Please note that each activity has a suggested time period. Coaches will sometimes go under or over on some activities based on how their teams respond. Don’t worry about making a few changes to each plan to customize the plans to your needs.
Additional appendix diagrams are included to make it easy for even the newest of coaches.
These plans are available immediately as instant digital downloads. They come in PDF format which work on Macs and PCs.
Softball Practice Planner
Save time and get the most from your players with this softball practice planner. Be the most prepared. Create a season to remember. As a result of this softball practice plan guide, you’re ready to go. You can make some adjustments to fit your needs, but you can also follow it pretty much minute-by-minute for your season’s road map.
The Secret to Coaching Youth Softball
Here’s what it takes to coach youth softball or any youth sports for that matter:
See the picture, sell the picture, paint the picture.
Check out how this simple formula can make such a difference with you’re coaching a youth sports team: The Secret to Coaching Youth Sports.
A big part of seeing the picture is to have a vision, and to have a plan. This book on youth practice plans is a great resource for that.
Buy it Now
The Well-Prepared Coach — 25 Youth Softball Practice Plans — $29.97
Firecracker Softball Drill Video