When it comes to the quarterback position in the NFL, there are 3 QBs who stand out consistently as the cream of the crop: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Peyton Manning. Whether it’s reading a defense’s complex blitzing scheme or leading their respective teams to a score in the last 2 minutes of a game, you can’t go wrong with these 3 leaders. They’re proven winners.
The results speak for themselves: Super Bowl wins, passing yards, TDs thrown, big wins and more. These 3 know how to get the job done and they’ve earned the respect of their coaches, fans, and teammates. It stands to reason that we might be able to learn something from these field generals, who are playing at the highest level. There’s no question that the NFL has become a quarterback league, and these 3 play the QB position the best.
So, here then, are the 21 best quotes from Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers & Peyton Manning.The quotations address topics like football, leadership and winning. Their words provide some insights into how these great players think and manage the game.
21 Best Quotes: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers & Peyton Manning
7 Best Tom Brady Quotes
- Mentally, the only players who survive in the pros are the ones able to manage all their responsibilities.
- If you’re a quarterback, you want everything on your shoulders. You want to be the one to make the decisions.
- I don’t care about three years ago – I don’t care about two years ago. I don’t care about last year. The only thing I care about is this week.
- Every quarterback can throw a ball; every running back can run; every receiver is fast, but that mental toughness that you talk about translates into competitiveness.
- Too often in life, something happens and we blame other people for us not being happy or satisfied or fulfilled. So the point is, we all have choices, and we make the choice to accept people or situations or to not accept situations.
- Football is unconditional love.
- We all have experiences in our lives that change us, and we all learn from people, like my dad, but at the end of the day, it’s only us. And we’re only responsible to make ourselves happy.
See more Tom Brady quotes.
Here’s a link to the official Facebook fan page of Tom Brady.
7 Best Aaron Rodgers Quotes
- The guys who stick around are the smartest guys and the guys who are the most self-driven. You have to have a drive. The coaches can only take you so far. You have to want to learn and work.
- I’m always looking for challenges.
- As a man of faith, God doesn’t bring you to things that you can’t get through. He doesn’t put you in a spot and then leaves you out to dry.
- If I can slow it down in my mind; things will be fine.
- The coaches can only take you so far. You have to want to learn and work.
- I want us to be a connected team – on and off the field.
- The pressure I put on myself is the only pressure I’m feeling once I get into the game.
See more Aaron Rodgers quotes.
Follow Aaron Rodgers on Twitter.
7 Best Peyton Manning Quotes
- I don’t like to play favorites, and I do try to spread the ball around. But there’s an old rule: You throw to the guys who get open in practice.
- I’ve never left the field saying, ‘I could’ve done more to get ready,’ and that gives me peace of mind.
- You’ve got to remember what your priorities are. When you’re playing, what you do on the field is the most important thing.
- The pressure is something you feel when you don’t know what the hell you’re doing.
- My job is to play well offensively and help my team score points. So I feel very responsible every time we lose a game.
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation, and 5 minutes to ruin it.
- I want to be out there every single snap, every single play.
See more Peyton Manning quotes.
All 3-star quarterbacks back up their words with outstanding play on the field. Perhaps more than anyone, these 3 serve as the face of the NFL. When their football careers are over, many may regard these greats as not only the best quarterbacks of the era but of all time.
— Andy Atticus
Andy is a sportswriter based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
You’re on 21 best quotes from Rodgers, Brady, and Manning.
You might like: