“May we all live to be 100 years old with one year to repent.” On this great Irish feast of St. Patrick’s Day, let’s put our wits to the test with a little sports quiz.
Take one minute to answer the trivia questions below. Then, compare your responses to the answers, and then the score key. The best of luck to you.
St. Patrick’s Day Sports Quiz
1. What’s the nickname for the college football team that has produced 7
Heisman Trophy winners including Paul Hornung?
2. What Oakland Athletic’s second baseman was given the Babe Ruth Award for his contributions in the 1974 World Series?
3. What cathedral was the site of both Babe Ruth’s and Vince Lombardi’s funerals?
4. In mixed martial arts, who is nicknamed “The World’s Most Dangerous Man”?
5. What LA Lakers forward played more consecutive games than an other player in NBA history.
1. ANSWER: The Fighting Irish or The Irish (ok, the first question on any test is usually easy)
2. ANSWER: Dick Green: Athletics’ second baseman from 1963 to 1974
3. ANSWER: St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City, New York
4. ANSWER: Ken Shamrock
5. ANSWER: A.C. Green played in 1,192 straight games
5 right: You have the “Luck of the Irish ”
4 right: Brilliant!
3 right: At least you wear green on St. Patrick’s Day
2 right: Top of the morning! Wake up!
1 right: May God hold you in the palm of his hand.