An inspiring collection of motivational quotes to provide you perspectives on life, overcoming adversity, and the importance of determination. Read some insightful words from some very notable figures from the past and present. Don’t reinvent the wheel; learn from the best.
Good Motivational Quotes
We become happier, much happier when we realize life is an opportunity rather than an obligation.
I avoid looking forward or backward and try to keep looking upward.
Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim, the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself.
W. C. Doane
Do we not all agree to call rapid thought and noble impulse by the name of inspiration?
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Do not wait; the time will never be just right. Start where you stand.
Best Motivating Quotes
In any project, the important factor is your belief. Without belief, there can be no successful outcome.
The power of imagination makes us infinite.
Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.
George S. Patton
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe
Without inspiration, the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks.
Johann Gottfried Von Herder
Seek the lofty by reading, hearing, and seeing great work at some moment every day.
No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good.
The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
If you don’t know where you are going,
you’ll end up someplace else.
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke
First, say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.
Dream big and dare to fail.
Motivational Quotes For Work and Business
Men do less than they ought unless they do all they can.
We are all faced with a series of great opportunities – brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.
Oliver W. Holmes
We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
In every difficult situation is potential value. Believe this, then begin looking for it.
Norman Vincent Peale
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.
In doubtful matters boldness is everything.
An oak is not felled at one blow.
Do or do not. There is no try.
Greatest Sports Motivational Moments Video
John Wooden Motivational Quotes
- Never lie, never cheat, never steal.
- It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.
- Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
- Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.
- If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who’ll argue with you.
- Young people need models, not critics.
- Nothing will work unless you do.
- Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.
- The best competition I have is against myself to become better.
- Never mistake activity for achievement.
Red Auerbach Quotes
- The best way to forget one’s self is to look at the world with attention and love.
- The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.
- To a father, when a child dies, the future dies; to a child when a parent dies, the past dies.
- Basketball is like a war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.
Vince Lombardi Quotes
- Winners never quit and quitters never win.
- Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.
- Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
- Show me a good loser, and I’ll show you a loser.
- Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
- It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
Casey Stengel Quotes
- The trick is growing up without growing old.
- Most ball games are lost, not won.
- There comes a time in every man’s life and I’ve had many of them.
- The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven’t made up their minds.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.
- There are three things you can do in a baseball game. You can win, or you can lose, or it can rain.
Derek Jeter Quotes
- My office is at Yankee Stadium. Yes, dreams do come true.
- You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we’re playing a game. It’s a business, it’s our job, but I don’t think you can do well unless you’re having fun.
- Obviously, you’re known for what you do. But you still want to be known as a good person. You’re a person a lot longer before and after you’re a professional athlete.
- I love it when people doubt me. It makes me work harder to prove them wrong.
- Your image isn’t your character. Character is what you are as a person.
Scotty Bowman Quotes
- There is nothing so uncertain as a sure thing.
- Every boo on the road is a cheer.
- Statistics are for losers.
- I found out that if you’re going to win games, you had better be ready to adapt.
- The better the coaching has become, the worse the game has become.
Best Motivational Sayings
The whole universe is change and life itself is but what you deem it.
Men’s best successes come after their disappointments.
Henry Ward Beecher
Amazing how we can light tomorrow with today.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
He turns not back who is bound to a star.
Leonardo Da Vinci
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
The best way out is always through.
Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience treacherous, judgment difficult.
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.
If the wind will not serve, take to the oars.
Constant dripping hollows out a stone.
Life is a play.
It’s not its length,
but its performance that counts.
Seneca — Who was Seneca? Find out at Wikipedia.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
St. Clement of Alexandra
Fortune favors the brave.
Change is not merely necessary to life, it is life.
Wayne Dyer Quotes
- You’ll see it when you believe it.
- When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.
- You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.
- Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.
- You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.
- Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
- How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
- When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
- Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.
Maya Angelou Quotes
- Nothing will work unless you do.
- My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
- There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
Happiness is like a butterfly.
The more you chase it, the more it eludes you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
It comes and sits softly on your shoulder.
Henry David Thoreau
Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.