Baseball practice plans can be a huge game-changer. Save time, work with a proven system, and watch your players develop quickly.
Coaches look forward to every practice without worry – it’s time to play ball and have some fun!
Baseball Coaching Practice Plans
Having a plan ready for your baseball season can make a big difference. As Louis Pasteur said, “Fortune favors the prepared mind.”
Here are some reasons you’ll want this guide:
- Instills confidence in coaches and players by working with a proven system from experienced coaches who have “been there and done that.”
- Identifies and explains coaching concepts to address and the order to address them in – the right stuff at the right time.
- It generates team improvement rapidly. The biggest winners are the players! Your team will be playing its best ball!
- Saves time. You won’t have to start from scratch; just review and tweak as needed for your team. Print out the plan for your upcoming field time and bring it with you to use as your guide.
- Enables you to “coach in the moment” by being focused on the task at hand vs. having to worry about what to do next.
NEW PRICE: $19.98
Includes agendas and teaching points for twenty‐five, 90‐minute practices, and twenty‐five, 10‐minute, pre‐field meetings. You won’t have to wing it. Be ready for ball by just printing out the sheets from this ebook (designed to print on 8.5 x 11″ paper).
It’s a road map for beginning coaches and a time‐saver for expert coaches. You’ll have more fun by being well prepared and everyone will notice the improvements in your team.
When you purchase this ebook, you’ll be immediately sent a link enabling you to download the PDF. The PDF file, which you’ll save to your computer, works on PCs and Macs.
About the Author John Blissenbach
John Blissenbach has coached all levels of youth baseball from kindergarten through high school. He has coached and managed championship youth and American Legion baseball teams.
John began coaching baseball in 1979 at the age of 20. He started as a high school assistant varsity/JV head coach working with varsity head coach Hank Mauer – Great Uncle of Minnesota Twins All‐Star Catcher, Joe Mauer.
In addition to coaching baseball, John has also been a coach for his 4 children’s softball, football, basketball, track & soccer teams. During the past 20 years, he has had the great pleasure of coaching more than 50 youth teams.
John combines two essential elements into each practice: fundamentals and fun.
NOTE FROM AUTHOR JOHN BLISSENBACH
In my youth, many practices consisted of batting followed by a round of infield. Players spent a lot of time standing around watching other players hit and would occasionally field a ball hit to them. Most coaches were dads that had little time to think about or make any preparations.
If, as a youth baseball coach, you would rather have fun, structured, fast‐moving sessions loaded with fundamentals, then this book is for you. As you enter a new baseball season, three things are certain; your players will be diverse in their skills and understanding of the game, there is great deal your players will need to learn, and finally, you will have a limited amount of time to prepare for each practice, as well as a limited amount of time during practice.
Preparation is the key to success
How your players spend their time will determine the success of your team’s season. What your players do while practicing and when they do it is entirely up to you. Your players are counting on you to be prepared so they can be prepared.
This guide is intended to make your coaching job a lot easier. If you’re new to coaching, you can use this guide as your roadmap. If you’ve coached before, this guide will remove a lot of the work associated with mapping out your time together on the diamond. You can supplement the plans with your own concepts that have worked for you in the past.
You’ll have baseball drills to work on throws, catches, and defensive play. There’s a practice drill to cover all contingencies. These drills for baseball play are refined in practice so that kids perform on game nights. Videos can’t replace a coach who knows his stuff. You’ll be enjoying your time more as you’ll know exactly what to do.
With your use of this guide, your players will be learning, having fun, and picking up on the key baseball concepts at the right time. As a coach, you’ll look experienced, knowledgeable, and well prepared. Plus, with some of the heavy lifting removed from our schedule, you’ll have more time to appreciate the season. Enjoy!
Digital Download Available Immediately
You’ll receive a PDF upon purchase – this product is a digital download. The PDF works on both Macs and PCs – just make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader (available for free) on your computer. The PDF enables you to print out pages you want when you need them.
Baseball Practice Plans Templates Make it Easy!
The Well-Prepared Coach — (EBook)
A Planner with Agendas
The book comes with an overview of the 25 practices. Here’s what the first 10 look like:
Here’s your sample baseball practice plan to get a feel for how easy it is to use. Coaches can print the sheet out and take it with them. You can be ready in 5 minutes with these plans.
Baseball Drills and Tips
To make it easy to understand some coaching points, diagrams like these are included:
Coaching Little League With Baseball Practice Plans
These plans are aimed for 7 to 14 year-olds.
Although coaches with younger teams and older teams have used these plans successfully, the sweet spot is for baseball coaches who are coaching 7 – 14-year-olds. The same set of plans work for this age span because the focus is on baseball fundamentals. Coaches might decide to shorten the scheduled time for younger ages and not include the whole agenda while implementing everything for older ages.
Benefits of the Program
- A huge time saver – With coaches having to quickly transition from day jobs to baseball coaches, it really pays to have a plan in place. You can still make adjustments, but the heavy lifting has been completed.
- Learn from a proven formula – Tested by players in the field and coaches, implement with a system that works!
- Players really improve – Not only does a strong plan result in a better won/loss record, but the big benefit is also that players improve at a fast pace. Player development is what it is all about.
The Well-Prepared Coach — $19.98
Why these Plans are Game Changers
Here’s what we hear from baseball coaches who use these plans:
- “Where were these plans when I was first starting out coaching? It’s so nice to be able to go to each practice knowing exactly what I’m going to do for every minute…from the pep talk – to key messages to reinforce that go well beyond sports.
- “I can focus on just coaching. I don’t have to think of what to plan next. It’s already on the agenda.”
- “Before when I came home from work, it was a mad rush to try to prepare for my night with the team. Now I can take 20 minutes and eat because the planning is already completed.”
- “Yes, these plans have made it much easier for me. The best thing about them is how they’ve helped my players. I see noticeable improvement from week-to-week. The kids have totally bought into the program. Our parents are very appreciative of my approach.”
Check out these other sports coaching plans and our baseball certificate maker
And, you might also be interested in our baseball certificates.