The horse has always inspired mankind, resulting in some beautiful horse quotes and sayings that have been edged in time. The free spirit, the strength, the unending pool of energy, and the wonderful nature of the horse touches the thoughts and lives of everyone who comes in contact with them.
The natural grace of this beast can enchant anyone’s heart. Whether you are an athlete or are from any other walk of life, the horse has a magical charm on everyone.
There is no other beast like the horse. It is as much valued and loved for its beauty as for its strength. It inspires, it motivates, and it promises to take you to another world of glory. There are no amounts of words that can describe a horse. Still many have attempted to describe this beautiful creature in different ways.
Quotes About Horses
- A horse is poetry in motion.
- The path to my heart is paved with hoofprints.
- A horse is the projection of peoples’ dreams about themselves – strong, powerful, beautiful – and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.
- Some of my best friends never say a word to me.
- When I count my blessings, I count my horse twice.
Horse Sense Sayings
- When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk: he trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes.
- All bonds are built on trust, without it, you have nothing.
- Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
- There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
Winston S. Churchill
Funny Horse Quotes
- It’s always been and always will be the same in the world. The horse does the work and the coachman is tipped.
- All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.
- There are only two emotions that belong in the saddle; one is a sense of humor and the other is patience.
- A polo handicap is a person’s ticket to the world.
Sir Winston Churchill
- They say princes learn no art truly, but the art of horsemanship. The reason is, the brave beast is no flatterer. He will throw a prince as soon as his groom.
Why the long face?
- Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
- You cannot train a horse with shouts and expect it to obey a whisper.
Dagobert D. Runes
- Horseback riding is the only sport where your equipment can decide not to cooperate with you. Feeling down? Saddle up.
- Horses are the dolphins of the plains, the spirits of the wind; yet we sit astride them for the sake of being well-groomed, whereas they could have all the desire in the world to bolt, but instead, they adjust their speed and grace, only to please us, never to displease.
- Be wary of the horse with a sense of humor.
- A good rider can hear his horse speak to him. A great rider can hear his horse whisper. But a bad rider won’t hear his horse even if it screams at him!
- In training horses, one trains himself
Antoine De Pluvinet
You can lead a horse to water quote
You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.
- A great horse will change your life. The truly special ones define it.
- Blame it or praise it, there is no denying the wild horse in us.
- A good trainer can hear a horse speak to him. A great trainer can hear him whisper.
- Some days, 24 hours is too much to stay put in, so I take the day hour by hour, moment by moment. I break the task, the challenge, the fear into small, bite-size pieces. I can handle a piece of fear, depression, anger, pain, sadness, loneliness, illness – I actually put my hands up to my face, one next to each eye, like blinders on a horse.
- I can make a General in five minutes but a good horse is hard to replace.
- There is nothing so good for the inside of a man as the outside of a horse.
- A horse doesn’t care how much you know until he knows how much you care.
- Animals were once, for all of us, teachers. They instructed us in ways of being and perceiving that extended our imaginations, that were models for additional possibilities.
- You try to do the best with what you’ve got and ignore everything else. That’s why horses get blinders in horse racing: You look at the horse next to you, and you lose a step.
- Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see a bird that had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.
- If you’re lucky enough to draw a good horse, you still have to ride him, then the next ones.
- It is the horse’s gift to connect us with Heaven and our own footsteps.
- All equestrians, if they last long enough, learn that riding in whatever form is a lifelong sport and art, an endeavor that is both familiar and new every time you take the horse out of his stall or pasture.
- There are other things that I could do, but there’s really nothing that I love as much as horse racing.
- A surgeon wouldn’t sell his tools. A lawyer doesn’t sell his law books. I’m not going to sell my horse. I’m a sportsman.
- Equestrian art is the perfect understanding and harmony between horse and rider.
You might like: Best Quotes about Strength.
Strength and Beauty
- When you find that the horse is compelled and interested in you, something in you changes. That can be healing or move you deeply.
- There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse.
- Equestrian and sailing are sports for people growing up on the mean streets of Connecticut.
- It is the difficult horses that have the most to give you.
- What the colt learns in youth he continues in old age.
- When riding a horse we leave our fear, troubles, and sadness behind on the ground.
- I believe that horses bring out the best in us. They demand standards of behavior and levels of kindness that we, as humans, then strive to maintain.
- A few fly bites cannot stop a spirited horse.
- A horse gallops with his lungs perseveres with his heart and wins with his character.
Inspiring Horse Quotations
- It’s about discipline. It’s about following instructions, and it’s about the execution of the plan. That’s what sport is.
- The lonely horse is the best reason to wake up in the morning.
- A horse never runs so fast as when he has other horses to catch up and outpace.
- The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and freedom.
Sharon Ralls Lemon
- If you persevere long enough, if you do the right things long enough, the right things will happen.
Please let us know if we missed any of your favorite horse quotes.
12 Popular Horse Idioms
- Darkhorse – the long shot.
- Hold your horses.
- Flog a dead horse.
- A one-horse race
- Horse sense.
- Straight from the horse’s mouth.
- Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.
- A horse of a different color.
- Eat like a horse.
- Get off your high horse.
- A one-horse town.
- Change horses in the middle of the stream.
National Day of the Horse
This day is celebrated on December 13 and encourages U.S. citizens “to be mindful of the contribution of horses to the economy, history, and character of the United States.”
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author and the founder of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on Horse Quotes.
You might like: