Our best softball quotes and sayings are perfect for high school teams, youth squads, and other players, coaches, and fans looking for a little inspiration.
Great Softball Sayings for Coaches and Players
- We go out and work hard. We play this game with emotion and love. Coach always says “Emotionally, physically, mentally — come to the field prepared.” Because if you don’t bring that to the field, you’re going to get beat.
- I would play you with only my catcher.
Eddie Feigner, “The King” and his Court responding to a taunt.
- We’re going to step on the field knowing that every team we’re going against is going to push their game to that whole new level that we probably hadn’t seen. We’ve just got to be ready to step up with them.
It’s a game of making great pitches at the right time, being opportunistic by getting a run at the right time and playing good defense.
- Hard is when it matters when you’re tired is when it counts.
Best Softball Quotes
- In softball, the softball gods giveth and the softball gods taketh away, but that evens out over the season.
- Go hard every play. You don’t want to leave anything behind and regret it years down the road that you didn’t give it all when you could have.
- I didn’t fall out of bed and become an Olympic champion. I worked hard, I was dedicated, and I really worked to perfect all aspects of my game.
You might like softball captions and puns.
Words of Wisdom on the Game
- I don’t need to be Number 1 on the team. If I need to hit, pitch, run, whatever, I will do it. If everything was going to be about me, I’d quit.
- I’ve made more money at this than any other ballplayer at any other sport.
- What I love about the game is that the game doesn’t know who is supposed to win.
- The dream is free but the hustle is sold separately.
Check out The Guide for Softball Bats
Softball Quote Meme
Good Softball Sayings
- Fifteen minutes after a heart attack, if you live through it, you feel like a champion, but unless you’ve been through one, you don’t know what I’m talking about.
- The point of the game is not how well the individual does but whether the team wins. That is the beautiful part of the game, the blending of personalities, the mutual sacrifices for group success. Even when you’ve played the game of your life, it’s the feeling of teamwork that you’ll remember. You’ll forget the plays, the hits, and the scores, but you’ll never forget your teammates.
- When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But when a pitcher hands you a changeup, smack it right down her throat.
- If you look back at yesterday and think it was a big deal, then you haven’t done anything today.
- I’m sure when the time comes, there will be tears, but there are other avenues that I am embracing with much more passion these days.
- When someone you have a lot of respect for, believes in you, it helps you believe in yourself.
- I’ve had moments where I realize my body isn’t going to withstand many more seasons, but I am very satisfied with my career and I am trying not to look at retirement as a sad thing.
- It’s always about wanting to one-up myself from the day before. There’s never an absolute 100% perfect performance, but going out and striving for that perfect performance is what keeps me going.
- A true champion works hard and never loses sight of her dreams.
- The Most Important Thing I Know About the Spirit of Sport… It instills in us the ability to recognize and appreciate the talents of others as well as the gifts we have been given and the ability to work with others as a team. It also allows us to face the challenge of competition, learn from our successes and failures, altogether making us true champions in life.
- I’m not exceptionally fast or overly powerful. But I have a good work ethic, and I make up for it by using technique and trying to be smarter.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
If you have any suggestions for our selections, please let us know via the contact page. Thanks.
You’re on page 2 of 3 of the Best Softball Quotes.
You might like: