These bodybuilding quotes and captions serve to inspire and motivate yourself and others to reach your fitness goals. When you set about to improve the state of your fitness, it requires some hard work. Consistent motivation is a key element to the achievement of your objectives. We hope these quotes and captions serve that role.
Ten Best Bodybuilding Quotes
- Intensity builds immensity.
- The road to nowhere is paved with excuses.
- When you have a well-developed body and you’re confident, you see people bending your way, wanting to be on your side, wanting to do things for you.
- Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.
Robert H. Schuller
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning form failure.
- Bodybuilding is an art, your body is the canvas, weights are your brush and nutrition is your paint. We all have the ability to turn a self-portrait into a masterpiece.
- Remember this: your body is your slave; it works for you. Not the other way around.
- If you want something you’ve never had before, you have to be willing to do something you’ve never done before.
- Discipline is the bridge between your bodybuilding goals and bodybuilding success.
- Some are born strong and others are made strong.
Funny Bodybuilding Quotes
Exercise in the morning, before your brain figures out what you’re doing.
If you want to get in shape, don’t sign up for a fancy diet this or Cross that the other thing. No, the way to get in shape is to go to the gym every single day, change your clothes, and take a shower. If you can do that every single day for a month, pretty soon you’ll start doing something while you’re there.
I only worked out because I really, really like donuts.
My doctor recently told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already.
If it weren’t for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn’t get any exercise at all.
When people ask me if I exercise I tell them I do crunches every day – especially Captain Crunch and Nestle Crunch.
Gym Rule #1: If you want to know the correct way to perform an exercise, the answer is: Whatever hurts most.
When you’re old you feast on your memories, and if you spend too much time on exercise, you may get old and not have many.
When I feel like exercising I just lie down until the feeling goes away.
Robert M. Hutchins
Eat clean, stay fit, and have a burger to stay sane.
You ever look for the remote control, but you can’t find it, so you just decide, ‘Ah, guess I’m not watching TV. I’m not gonna take two steps and turn it on myself. I’ll go to the gym if I’m going to work out.’
Good Bodybuilder Sayings
Rule of thumb: Eat for what you’re going to be doing and not for what you have done. Don’t take in more than you’re willing to burn off.
As your bodybuilding aims become higher, obviously you have to work harder, until, believe it or not, you are performing from 20-30 sets of both biceps and triceps three workouts per week.
Your love for what you do and willingness to push yourself where others aren’t prepared to go is what will make you great.
Just like in bodybuilding, failure is also a necessary experience for growth in our own lives, for if we’re never tested to our limits, how will we know how strong we really are? How will we ever grow?
Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but don’t nobody want to lift heavy ass weights!
Modern bodybuilding is ritual, religion, sport, art, and science, awash in Western chemistry and mathematics. Defying nature, it surpasses it.
To feel strong, to walk amongst humans with a tremendous feeling of confidence and superiority is not at all wrong. The sense of superiority in bodily strength is borne out by the long history of mankind paying homage in folklore, song, and poetry to strong men.
Self-discipline is about controlling your desires and impulses while staying focused on what needs to get done to achieve your goal.
Short Bodybuilding Quotes
- Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
- Fitness: If it came in a bottle, everyone would have a great body.
- Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.
- Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.
- Choosing a bodybuilding goal and sticking to it changes everything.
- Sell yourself short on nutrition and you’re selling yourself short on maximizing your physique development.
- Wake up determined. Go to bed satisfied.
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
- Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.
- Don’t be scared to lift heavy! You won’t get huge and bulky, you’ll get amazing.
- Biceps are like ornaments on a Christmas tree.
The real workout starts when you want to stop.
If you think lifting weights is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous.
It’s pretty hard to stop a man who does not know the meaning of the word quit.
A lifetime of training for just ten seconds.
Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of yours.
When you hit failure, your workout has just begun.
Bodybuilding isn’t 90 minutes in the gym. It’s a lifestyle.
Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
The best activities for your health are pumping and humping.
The first and greatest victory is to conquer self.
To be a champion, you must act like a champion.
There are two types of pains, one that hurts you and the other that changes you.
The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.
The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.
Half-reps may build your ego but they also build half a physique.
All else being equal, the guy with the best genetics will have the best physique. But rarely are all things equal.
Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them – a desire, a dream, a vision.
Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet, and mental approach.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Being negative and lazy is a disease that leads to pain, hardships, depression, poor health, and failure. Be proactive and give a damn to achieve success!
Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.
There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
To be number one, you have to train like you are number two.
You have to be at your strongest when you’re feeling at your weakest.
Failure is a success in progress.
When it gets difficult is often right before you succeed.
The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment.
Stimulate. Don’t annihilate.
For me, life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
If you’re capable of sending a legible text message between sets, you probably aren’t working hard enough.
It took me 20 years of hard training to get the physique I have today. What you need is what I had – belief in yourself!
Your body is a piece of art but it’s always a work in progress. You are never done improving your symmetry and eliminating weak points.
If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.
Bodybuilders with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.
Fortunately, there is a solution, and it’s not performing multiple sets of whatever cable Kegel exercise is being pushed as The Answer. Just a little hard, smart, basic work.
The application of consistent, logical effort, over a prolonged period is the key to reaching your physical muscular potential.
Victory isn’t defined by wins and losses, it’s defined by effort.
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
Not only are squats not bad for the knees, but every legitimate research study on this subject has also shown that squats improve knee stability and therefore help reduce the risk of injuries.
If you have discipline, drive, determination, nothing is impossible.
- Well, it’s not going to lift itself.
- Resting Gym Face.
- Getting Dino-sore.
- You design yourself.
- Bro’s got biceps.
- Hulking up.
- Go hard or go home.
- Deadlifts don’t like you either.
- One More Rep.
- Pump Day!
- Hustle for Muscle.
- Beast Mode: ON.
- Pretty and Powerful.
- I count in 45-pound increments.
- Biceps don’t grow on trees.
- It’s Monday… no more excuses
- I lift for my health.
- Iron addict.
- Shut up and squat.
- Weights before dates.
- It’s a hill… get over it.
- I’d flex but I like this shirt.
- Weapons of mass destruction.
- Sore today, strong tomorrow.
- Still waiting for my muscles to grow.
Weightlifting Instagram Captions
- I don’t have time to lift… I make time.
- Two bodybuilders walk into a bar; “Ouch,” says the bar.
- I got 99 problems but I’m going to the gym and ignoring all of them.
- Dear fat, prepare to die! XO, me.
- Sun’s out guns out.
- Dig Deep!
- Why do I spend so much time in the gym? I prefer dumbbells over dumbasses.
- Lift heavy, work hard, and aim to be the best.
- Meet me at the bar.
- The incredible Bulk.
- Under the Bar.
- Time for a throw down.
- Killing it!
- The Lift Life.
- That was a real knee-buckler!
- Rise up. Get ready. Time to kill those weights again.
- Good things come to those who sweat.
- Load it up.
- I can and I will.
- No pain, no gain.
— Sam Miller
Sam writes about sports, conditioning, and health.
You’re on our Bodybuilding Quotes and Bodybuilder Captions page.
You might like: