Some of the most important life lesson quotes are learned the hard way. It is best to learn from the experiences of others instead of going through things yourself. Wherever you are in life, it pays to learn from those who have the experience to teach. The more you learn, the better person you become. You’ll avoid mistakes and focus more of your energy on succeeding in life.
We’ve collected some of the most intriguing and captivating lessons learned in life from great men and women. Read them, reflect and learn from them.
Quotes About Life Lessons
- Short cuts make long delays.
- It’s not the load that weighs you down, it’s how you carry it.
- A comfort zone is a wonderful place, but nothing ever grows there.
- Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
Knowledge is King Quotations
- Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted before.
- So far, you’ve survived 100% of your bad days. This too shall pass.
- People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.
Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
- Failure is a lesson learned. Success is a lesson applied.
- Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise.
- You only lose what you cling to.
- Seek to be worth knowing rather than well known.
- Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.
- To be successful, you must act big, think big and talk big.
- But one of the big lessons I have learned from my journey is you can’t please everyone, so don’t try.
- You gotta stop watering dead plants.
Check out 17 Best Chess Quotes.
- What to do with a mistake – recognize it, admit it, learn from it, forget it.
Dean Smith – More Dean Smith Quotations
- Courage is the most important of all the virtues because, without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.
- Be like a tree, let the dead leaves drop.
- It’s the will not the skill.
- Life is available only in the present. That is why we should walk in such a way that every step can bring us to the here and the now.
Thich Nhat Hanh
- I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons.
- If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you’ Not much.
You may like our Commitment Quotations.
Life Lesson Quotes
- Do not let the memories of your past limit the potential of your future. There are no limits to what you can achieve on your journey through life, except in your mind.
Roy T. Bennett
- Some of life’s best lessons are learned at the worst times.
- Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- In every success story, you will find someone who has made a courageous decision.
Peter F. Drucker
- Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.
Experience – A Hard Teacher
- No matter how much suffering you went through, you never wanted to let go of those memories.
- Some people come in your life as blessings, others come in your life as lessons.
Mother Teresa – More Mother Teresa Sayings and Prayers
- Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.
Thomas L. Holdcroft
- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Vernon Saunders Law
- If you can dream it, you can do it.
- “You’re going to be happy,” said Life, “But, first I’ll make you strong.”
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
Steve Jobs – More of The Best of Steve Jobs
- Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.
- I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.
- And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln – Great Lincoln Quotes
- If there’s a single lesson that life teaches us, it’s that wishing doesn’t make it so.
- If there are things you don’t like in the world you grew up in, make your own life different.
- Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.
- Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
- The trouble is if you don’t spend your life yourself, other people spend it for you.
- Good times become good memories and bad times become good lessons.
- Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it.
Teachable Moments Quotes
- Singleness of purpose is essential for success in life.
John D. Rockefeller – The Richest Person to Ever Live
- You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.
- Be like a tree; let the dead leaves drop.
- When someone shows you who they are; believe them the first time.
- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass…it’s about learning how to dance in the rain!
- The chief lesson I have learned in a long life is that the only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him, and the surest way to make him untrustworthy is to distrust him and show your distrust.
Henry L. Stimson
- Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.
- Grow through what you go through.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on Life Lesson Quotes.
You might like: