Yahoo Fantasy Baseball provides an easy and effective way to play fantasy baseball. By handling some of the more challenging parts of drafting, stats, and running the league, it frees up your time to enjoy the game with family and friends.
Many sports fans are all in on fantasy football, but fantasy baseball doesn’t enjoy the same popularity. For the some of the same reasons folks like fantasy football, folks who play fantasy baseball really enjoy it.
It makes baseball’s longer season more enjoyable as you have a vested interest in games you might otherwise not care about.
Fantasy Baseball Starter’s Guide
What all does Yahoo Fantasy Baseball have to offer?
Well, the first consideration for many owners is who to draft. Yahoo has you covered. Check out:
Player Rankings available at various sites.
You might also like:
Yahoo Fantasy Baseball makes it easy for you by enabling to choose your type of league. Do you want just American League Teams? Ok. Just National League Teams? No problem. Dynasty League? They got you covered. Expert analysis and park factors are also just a few keystrokes away enabling you to make your best picks across the board – both on draft day and for your starting line-ups.
Yahoo Fantasy Baseball App
And, if you’re looking to go away from the desktop computer to your smart phone, Yahoo has the app to manage your team:
This also works for Yahoo fantasy football, basketball and hockey.
And, if you’re looking for some fun names for you team, check out our:
Some Tips on Playing Fantasy Baseball
• Like fantasy football, fantasy baseball puts you in the shoes of a baseball team’s general manager. You determine who you want to own by drafting and acquiring players from the waiver wire. The performance of the players on your team – who in real life may be on many different teams – determines how well you do.
• Playing fantasy baseball the way you want to play. If you want to focus on just the American League, do so. Do you only want to focus on the stars? You can make that happen.
• Shoot for 10 – 12 teams in your league. It’s fun to play with people you know because smack talk is part of the game. It’s a well-honed tradition of nearly every league.
• Determine a prize pool that everyone can live with. Some leagues might consider $25 to $150 as the participation ante for each team.
• Determine the format: do you want head-to-head competition where one team plays another each week or do you want the high score overall to prevail. Yahoo’s site will walk you through the options.
• Your league as a group can determine some of the rules. For example, how often can players be picked up off the wire? How is it done? Is there a cost? Again, the Yahoo app will help walk you through this.
• As you can tell by reading the points above, there are a lot of variations for how to play the game. Find a formula that works for your group of friends. Playing fantasy baseball will increase your interest in the real game of baseball.
History of Yahoo Sports
• Yahoo Sports was launched on December 9, 1997.
• A 2006 study by Media Metrix revealed that “fans spend more time on Yahoo Sports than any other sports website.”
Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Start Date and Season
• Registration: Yahoo Fantasy Baseball team and league registration begins January 31, 2019 and runs until July 7, 2019.
• The season goes from March 20, 2019 through September 29, 2019.
• First day for live drafts with Yahoo is February 4, 2109. And, the last day is June 23, 2019.
• The trade deadline is August 11, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
You’re on Yahoo Fantasy Baseball page.
You might like: