This page of unique team names is the companion page to Best Team Names – Page 1, which includes naming ideas numbered 1 to 400.
A great team name can set your squad apart from your competition. Spend a few minutes now to select a name that you’ll feel good about for the season (or maybe many seasons).
Sorted by topic area, use the menu below to jump to the section of most interest, or simply scroll down the page to see all of the options.
401. The agony of de Feet — Simple, easy to say, and fun.
402. Run like the Winded — Do they get any better?
403. Baby Got Track — Lots to choose from in the running.
404. It was fun until we started — What half the kids on the cross country team are thinking.
405. Hey Sole Sister — Yes, the old sole/soul plays on words.
406. Running on Empty — Direct.
407. Legs Miserable — Ingenious.
408. Jason and the Joggernauts — If only there were a Jason on the team.
409. Between a Walk and a Hard Pace — Smart choice.
410. Pavement Princesses — Girls’ cross country team honorable mention.
411. Uh, where’s the finish line? — The thought running through my head in every race I ever ran.
412. Chafing the Dream — Very clever.
413. Your Pace or Mine — The team name that doubles as a pickup line.
414. Consolation is still a prize — Love the sentiment.
415. Ibuprofen and Ben Gay — Healing plays such an important role.
416. Christopher Walkin — Doesn’t sound that group-oriented, but more cowbell.
417. Race Ventura — With the addition of one “R,” we made a name.
418. Overconfident and under-trained — Love the over and under move.
419. The Jogfather — Said no one ever.
420. Big Dudes; Scared Shoes — Kinda amusing.
421. Cirque du Sore Legs — Awesome!
Powerful Team Names — Cross-Country
422. Faster than your Wifi — Make a comparison for effect.
423. Smoking Laces and Fast Paces — Excellent.
424. Easier Said Than Run — Entertaining.
425. Heart and Sole — A sneaker stomping on a heart would be the natural choice for a logo, but you decide.
426. Full Throttle.
427. We thought they said, “Rum” — Delightful!
428. Dashing Divas — Elegant, yet active.
429. Get ‘er Run — Neat play on words.
430. Reservoir Jogs — Pretty good.
431. Sweat, Regret, and Oxygen Debt — A wee bit of a stretch, but 432. I’m gonna allow it.
433. Quads of Fury — Marvelous.
Best Team Names Meme
Awesome Soccer Names
434. Screaming Nachos — Sensational.
435. Game of Throw Ins — One of the best GOT puns.
436. Rush Hour — Short and to the point.
437. Look Ma, No Hands — Describe the essence of soccer and name your team in 4 words.
438. Ronaldoughnuts — So Ronaldo is kind of a big deal in futbol.
439. Reluctant Pandas — Don’t ask.
440. Boo Berries — Mildly amusing.
441. Heads up — Good for the sport that gave us headers.
442. Avocado Aces — Avocados are so popular now.
443. Sole Purpose: Victory — Fine.
444. Quite a Feet — Like it, I love it, I want some more of it.
445. Foot Challenged — Try again.
446. It’s about to get Messi — Brilliant!!
447. Spicy Wings — Non-sequitur.
448. The Red Card Life — For that team, that takes a lot of penalties.
449. Kicking down the cobblestones — Nothing says soccer so much as Simon and Garfunkel.
450. Get your kicks — Light and fun.
451. Barceloners — Pro soccer.
452. Rooney Tunes — English star.
453. Banana Slugs — A fun name that could be used for just about any sport.
454. Razzmatazz — Folks like saying it.
455. Manchester Divided — You see, Manchester’s team name is United.
Unique Softball Names
456. Bat Intentions.
458. Glove Your Attitude.
459. Base Invaders.
460. The Hit Squad.
461. Base Desires.
462. The Dugouts.
464. Caught Looking.
465. The Slammerz.
466. SMASH & BASH!
467. The Masked Intruders.
468. Hits Happen.
469. The Walk-Off Warriors.
470. Major Impact.
471. Ice-cold Pitchers.
472. Fungo Nation.
473. Fandango Firestix.
474. Violent Storms.
475. Around the Horn.
476. The Soft Serves.
477. Batter Up!
478. Uncommonly Good.
479. The Whole Enchilada.
480. Fire Breathing Hamsters.
481. The Vengeful Vipers.
482. Scared Hitless.
483. End of the bench.
Group Naming Ideas
495. The Pensive Gangsters — A thinking person’s choice.
496. Great Mates — Aussie-style rhymer.
497. The Herd — Everyone is more powerful in a group.
498. A batch of Weirdos — Could be very descriptive.
499. Rubber Duckies — A playful, whimsical name.
500. SPAM! — Short and to the point.
501. Recycle Bin — For a vintage team.
502. Gnomes without Homes — Think of your logo options.
503. Bros on their Toes — This ever-alert team will not be surprised.
504. Wifi Password is… — Go into any coffee shop, and this is the one sign you’re sure to see.
505. The Chunky Monkeys — Hey, we’ve all put on a few pounds.
506. Spartans — Traditional winner.
Awesome Team Names
507. Family Ties — Wasn’t that the Michael Fox show?
508. Family Matters — Two old TV shows in a row – sue me!
509. Lucky Charms — For a magically delicious team.
500. Sweaty Gym Socks — Such a practical choice.
501. Cool and the Gang — You might have to fight over who gets to be “Cool”?.
502. The Philly Phenoms — Hard to get two “Ph” words in a row, but mission accomplished.
503. Lords of the Bling — Not bad.
504. Flaming Hot Cheetos — Every player must bring a bag to every game. How committed are you?
505. The Hula Hoops — So, some eyebrows may be raised, but who cares?
506. Full House — For baseball or softball squads.
507. Bandwagon Jumpers — Get on board while you can.
508. Chuck Norris Offspring — We love Chuck.
509. Corduroy Cowbells — Huh?
510. Tardy Termites — Bizarre choice.
511. Worthless without coffee — That’s a fact, Jack.
512. Falcons — Old stand-by.
513. Hawks — Another popular one.
514. Cobras — Not bad.
515. Spark Plugs — Great if you’re looking for someone to sponsor you.
516. Up a Notch — Turn it up.
517. Dream Team — What’s not to like about this naming idea?
518. Brute Force — A brawny selection.
519. Powers That Be — Who are you playing? The Powers that Be.
520. Cougars — Conventional, a proven winner.
521. Wildcats — There may be a reason it’s so popular.
522. The Sharpshooters — Basketball, pool, horseshoes, etc.
523. Beast Mode — Shades of Marshawn Lynch.
524. Atomic Bombs — Don’t go all nuclear on us.
525. Movers and Shakers — Idioms can be effective.
526. Overdrive — Interesting option for you.
Unique Team Names for Competition
527. The Flaming Flamingos — Alliterations are us.
528. Battling Mongooses — Unconventional winner.
529. Elite Skills — Of course you do.
530. Splash Bros — Short and fun.
531. Great Balls of Fire — Goodness gracious.
532. Smarty Pints — When visiting the local establishment is part of your game night routine.
533. We Got Game — Could be adapted to “He” or “She.”
534. Columbian Boot Weasels — A conversation starter, if nothing else.
535. Vandelay Industries — George’s company.
Creative and Unique
536. Recreational Hazard — I got to love this one for rec sports.
537. The Bus Drivers — we take you to school.
538. Fifty Shades of Awesome — Hmm? It would take the right team to pull this off.
539. Beer Pressure — I bet you can’t guess where this came up.
540. The Real Replacements — There was this movie called… if you have to explain it, it might not be a great choice.
541. Smooth Operators — Players come on court to Sade’s single of the same name.
542. Razzle Dazzle — Sell it.
543. How I met your Mudder — TV show play on words.
544. Team Dis — Perfect for college intramurals.
Play on Words Ideas
545. Tequila Mockingbirds — From a roller derby name to the trivia team, we got you covered.
546. The Mighty Morphin Flower Arrangers — Hilarious.
547. America’s Best Chance — A patriotic winner.
548. The Showtime Shoguns — Show me the money.
549. Tony’s Tigers — Frosted flakes in the morning much?
550. 10 hearts, 1 beat — A team that sticks together can go places.
551. The Cow Tippers — I like this one.
552. We Overslept — Explains your lackluster play.
553. After School Specials — Maybe inspirational.
554. The Kickin’ Chickens — For soccer or kickball.
555. Spinal Tappers — For lovers of the movie.
556. Rockstar Lifestyle — This name has some swag.
557. The Mullet Mafia — A tribute toJoe Dirt and The Goblin King in Labyrinth.
558. Matching T-shirts — The lowest bar for a softball team.
559. The Hurt Locker Room — Bring on the Ibuprofen.
560. Bottom of the Depth Chart — Next player up went a little too far.
561. Creepy Crawlers — Certainly, a unique name.
562. Miracle Whipped — No comment.
Unique Team Names for Girls
563. Chicks With Sticks — Ideal for a girls hockey or lacrosse team.
564. Taco Belles — Pretty good.
565. Gone Girls — They’re so fast.
566. The HERd — Get it?
567. Girls in Pearls — Bring on the bling.
568. Back Street Girls — Wait a minute…
569. Dazzling Divas — Very nice.
570. Cupcake Crushers — Scary.
571. The Ponytail Posse — Softball team idea. (Check out good softball captions.)
572. Wonder Women — Perfect for many teams.
573. Mavens of Mayhem — You might know Mayhem from the All-State commercials.
574. Confetti! — It’s a celebration.
575. Hot Flash — For a more mature squad.
Naming Ideas for Women
576. Dolls with Balls — Softball, basketball, football…really any team with a “ball” in the name.
577. Fly Girls — Who wouldn’t like this?
578. Pink Power — Catchy.
579. Soul Sisters — Love it.
580. Doomsday Dolls — The juxtaposition of the two names works.
581. Ladybugs United — Good for a soccer team.
582. Herricanes! — See what we did there?
583. Awesome Blossoms — Great rhyming names.
584. Hollie Berries — With apologies to Hallie Berry.
585. Screaming Divas — Any name that begins with Screaming to start is a winner.
586. Lady Bugs — Good for younger teams.
587. She Stars — Women’s power!
Unique Team Names for Trivia Teams
588. Only Here to Establish an Alibi.
589. John Trivialta.
590. Ashamed of what we did for a Klondike Bar.
591. I am Spartacus.
592. Superiority Complex.
593. Donut Call List.
594. Dodgeball Victims Recovery Group.
595. My Trivia Partner Doesn’t Know This Is A Date.
596. The League of Extraordinary Guessers.
597. Les Quizerables.
598. Feta is Bettah!
599. Christopher Walken on Sunshine.
600. Last Week’s Winners
601. Hello, Quiz it me you’re looking for?
602. Full Frontal Nerdity.
603. Otrivia Newton-John.
604. On a Mission Without Permission.
605. I Thought I Was Speed Dating.
606. Trebek’s Tudor.
607. In Dog Beers, We’ve Only Had One.
608. I absolutely refuse to say this name.
609. Epic Failures.
610. I don’t know why Nic Cage Bird Sings.
611. Hot Dog Water.
Work and Business Team Names
612. We’re too old for this.
613. Out of the Cubicle and Into the Fire.
614. Everything the boss says is funny.
615. Digital Dream Team.
616. Follow the leader.
617. Barely Managing.
618. The Untouchables.
619. It’s a 5 O’Clock World.
620. The Capital Gains.
621. Let’s Get Fiscal.
622. Ideas R Us.
623. It’s not just a team. It’s a lifestyle.
624. AHA Hours; Not Moments.
625. Three Balance Sheets to the Wind.
626. Server Jockeys.
627. Who do you think you are, Mr. Big Staff?
628. Nerds of a Feather.
629. Taking care of business.
Unique Sales Team Names
630. Commission Impossible.
631. Sultans of Sales.
632. Selling takes me away.
633. The Quota Crushers.
634. We put the “action” in traction.
635. C-Level Prospects.
636. Down for the Account.
637. The Front Line.
638. Game Changers.
639. Soupy Sales.
640. Sales Team 6.
641. Needle Moving Maniacs.
642. Kudo Seekers.
643. Team ABC (Always Be Closing).
Powerful Good Team Names
644. Sea Dogs.
645. The Hip Replacements.
646. Rapid Thigh Movement.
647. Ragin’ Cajuns.
648. Horned Frogs.
649. Too Stupid to Quit.
650. Our Tribe.
652. The Misfits.
653. Team Advil.
654. Pimp my Stride.
655. Purple Power.
656. Red Hot Chili Steppers.
657. Witness the Fitness.
658. Road Scholars.
659. Lost in Pace.
660. Tater Trots.
661. Chafing the Dream.
662. Straight out of Ibuprofen.
663. Cupcakes Anonymous.
Group Chat Names
664. The Mad Chatters.
665. A Pizza Gossip.
666. Babes in Chatland.
667. The Mouse Pack.
668. Friends Forever.
669. The One and Only’s.
670. Simply the Best.
671. Chat 4 Ever.
672. Eyes on the Fries.
673. Listen Up.
674. Ketchup Krew.
675. You Don’t Say.
676. All Night Long.
677. Cream of the Crop.
678. The Cat’s Meows.
679. Kiss and Tells.
680. No-Diet Squad.
681. Tell me about it.
682. Not my only chat group.
683. Full Disclosure.
684. Talk is Cheap.
685. Hopeless in Seattle.
Fun Names for Chat Groups
686. Manic Mondays.
687. Sisterhood of the traveling chats.
688. Goldie Yawns.
689. Monkey Business.
690. Drama Squad.
691. 4 Real.
692. Blah Blah Blahs.
693. Open 24/7.
694. Time after time.
695. Can’t Keep a Secret.
696. Axis of Evil.
697. No Mercy.
698. Zero Remorse.
699. Gang Green.
700. Violent Vultures.
701. Kung Fu Fighters.
702. Luck of the Draw.
703. Zombie Comics.
704. Beg for Mercy.
705. The Zombie Zone.
706. Under Your Skins.
707. Gritty Gangsters.
708. Sharp Savages.
709. A horde of Horror.
710. Sisters of Slash.
711. In Your Face.
712. Violent Victors.
713. Thunder Clan.
714. Untamed Terrors.
715. Night Sweats.
716. Look, Ma No Wires.
717. Wi of the tiger.
718. Bohemian Raspberry.
719. Paper or Plastic.
720. Wireless This Way.
721. WAN Go Out?
722. You are the weakest linkys.
723. Three’s a Network.
724. Every day I’m Bufferin’.
725. Life in the fast LAN.
726. Wifi art thou Romeo?
727. John Wilkes Bluetooth.
728. DEA Surveillance.
729. Black Sheep of the Neighborhood.
730. Hide your wifi and kids.
731. Ping me.
732. Wifi the feeling?
733. The silence of the Lans.
734. The Bat-Signal.
735. Router 66.
736. Any Portal in a storm.
737. Leave my newspaper alone.
738. Keep it on the Download.
How to come up with unique team names
How do you name a team? There are many approaches for you, a teammate, a coach, or a team parent to come up with some good team naming ideas. You can try a singular approach, or if the team name is so important, try multiple approaches simultaneously.
Good Team Names Video
Secondary research on the Internet, books, etc.
Ok, so we might be a little partial to this approach. But, the whole idea with this technique is not to reinvent the wheel. Lists like the one above and the others on this site provide many options without a lot of time spent. Learn from other naming ideas, and either use these exactly as is or with some personalization to your particular squad.
Other sources might include research team names from minor league teams, foreign countries, and smaller organizations in the sport of your choice. For example, for baseball, some of the minor league teams have fun names that are not known as MLB team names.
Brainstorm with friends or team members
Brainstorming can be an effective technique for solving a creative challenge. Set some ground rules like “no idea is a bad idea” and “try to build off of others’ ideas” to begin the process. Perhaps one person is selected as the brainstorming leader to keep things moving. In the early going, shoot for a volume of ideas.
Then, as your time dwindles, establish a favorite by asking folks what their preference might be. To make the evaluation and decide on the final name, you might also establish some judging criteria. Those criteria might include aspects like: fun quotient, how well it reflects the group, memorability, and more.
Challenge your team
Challenge each team member to come back to the next practice with their favorites
If you’re running short of time and just can’t fit in the necessary minutes to execute a small brainstorming session, challenge each participant to come to the next practice with at least three ideas.
Then, at that practice, review the names and have the team vote on which name is the winner. Consider offering the player who comes up with the winning name some small prize.
By Greg Johnson, Art Novak, Tim Moodie & Mike O’Halloran
Mike O’Halloran, editor and founder of Sports Feel Good Stories, compiled this list with the help of Art Novak, Greg Johnson, and Tim Moodie. All four have developed naming options for corporate clients.
You’re on page 2 of 737+ Best Team Names (#401 – 737+ Unique Team Names).
Check out Best Team Names Page 1 (#1 – #400).
You might like: