This football training program improves your chances to contribute at a high level for the next season. Be prepared with this comprehensive conditioning plan for players 10 – 14 years old.
Football Offseason Workouts
What do you get?
18 carefully-designed, 66 minutes, football workouts.
- Minute-by-minute breakdown of activities in these training workouts. Players get that rep they need to stay in football ready shape.
- Activities rotate from one to the next quickly to keep players interested and for the aerobic benefit. This football training program keeps players engaged.
- Designed for either a 6-week time period with 3 sessions each week or a 9-week time period with 2 sessions each week. Players who play another sport in the offseason frequently find the 9-week time period works best.
- Instant access. This product is sold only as an ebook where a link will be sent for you to download the product immediately.
Inspirational stories, quotes and football facts to get players pumped up for their workouts
- Players learn about the game of football and some important life lessons.
Information young football players should know
Featured content includes:
- How to interact with coaches
- How to eat smart on game days and before and after practice
- The benefits of goal setting, and more
What type of players are these Football Training Plans designed for?
Ages 10 – 14 years old.
If the 66 minutes time period is too long or the activities are too challenging for younger players, we suggest shortening the sessions to 30 or 45 minutes in length. Pick and choose from the middle activities, while maintaining the warm-up and ending activities in order to reduce the time. They’ll be some running, jumping and conditioning, so players should be healthy and ready to start this physical training program.
About the the Author – Ted Browne
Ted Browne has coached football and other youth sports for his 3 kids. An avid football fan and former player, Browne was a running back at the University of St. Thomas and played professionally in Finland. He coaches football and other sports for his 3 children in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
Why offseason football workouts are important?
• Repetition of an exercise builds muscle memory. By focusing in on individual skills during an offseason workout, a player gets plenty of opportunities to fine-tune those skills and really improve upon them.
• Breaking down the bigger game into each of the individual components makes it easier. By going through a body workout like this, players will be able to perform on field when tryouts begin. A one day workout before tryouts begin won’t get you there. A full program is needed.
• It’s essential that players are fit for the season. These training workouts are just what is needed.
Football Conditioning Workouts – Design Considerations
The thinking behind the football training program and each individual plan includes:
• A focus on fundamentals. We placed an emphasis on building blocks of what makes up a good football player because that easily transfers from one team to the next.
• Strong emphasis on strength and conditioning.
• Shift activities quickly. By moving from one activity to the next quickly, it keeps players interested and enables players to work on many different skill sets.
• Increase the level of difficulty over time. Some of the fitness drills will get progressively more difficult. Initially, we want players to grow accustom to using different muscles and then as the plan progresses, we’ll ask for more repetitions or longer time periods.
• A fitness focus. Players play their best when they’re in shape. It’s hard to execute at the highest level if you’re tired, lack strength or are just out of shape.
• Designed for individual use or with a workout partner (a friend or parent is perfect). One player on his or her own can complete most of the activities for these offseason workouts.
• Designed for healthy kids. If you have any concerns about having your child participate in this type of program from a health perspective, consult with your physician. Kids should have a water bottle and drink water as needed.
• Use own body weight for strength building. Older players may choose to also do weight training, but this program calls just for using a player’s own body weight.
Digital Download Available Immediately
You’ll receive a PDF upon purchase – this product is a digital download. The PDF works on both both Macs and PCs – just make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader (available for free) on your computer. The PDF enables you to print out pages you want, when you need them.
BOGO OFFER: Buy one get one FREE! Players can workout with a friend. Two sets of links will come with your order. Forward one to a friend.
MVP Offseason Workouts for Youth Football — $23.99
Football Training Program: Conditioning for Success
SAMPLE PLAN – Note: sized to 8.5″ x 11″
Plan grid for your Football Training Program. Print out or follow along on your smart phone.
Accompanying all of the Offseason Football Workouts are supplementary information designed to educate and inspire youth football players. Here’s an example:
BOGO OFFER: Buy one get one FREE! Players can workout with a friend. Two sets of links will come with your order. Forward one to a friend. Offer good til end of the month.