Here’s a hard-hitting collection of football slogans, phrases, sayings, mottos, and quotes. Select from the best for your shirts, banners, posters, t-shirts, jerseys, signs, warm-ups, locker rooms, and more.
If you’re trying to get a team or fan based pumped up for the big game, you’ve come to the right place.
Rally your football team, inspire your fans and liven up the crowd! You’ll find funny football slogans and sayings for all usage occasions. Some are hard-hitting like a blitzing linebacker, while others will make you laugh like Terry Bradshaw.
Best Football Sayings
1.) Championships are won at practice.
This is the message that virtually every coach in the country wants players to understand. Sure, game time is fun and exciting. But, it’s a lot more enjoyable if you’ve put in the time to put your best foot forward.
2.) Sweat + Sacrifice = SUCCESS!
Another football slogan with the same message. Essentially, it’s saying the road to success is uphill. There’s no elevator, take the stairs. Good things come to those who work hard. You get the idea.
3.) Teamwork makes the dream work.
If you were to select the best sports slogan of all time, this would have to be at the top of the list. Why? It incorporates two great thoughts for any team. It expressed the need for unity through the word “teamwork.” And, it also focuses on the importance of having a goal — a dream for what you want your team to achieve. It’s short and it rhymes. Oh, and it looks great on shirts.
4.) Practice winning every day!
Another football saying that drives home the importance of practice. If you ever coached a sports team, you know this much is true — teams play the way they practice. Good practices usually lead to strong performances on the field. The challenge is to make sure all your players recognize this importance.
5.) It’s hard to play against us.
It’s harder to play for us.
This is the type of slogan that throws out a little challenge and gives you the reason why. A team with this type of slogan works hard and practices hard. Embracing the difficult practices is what makes some teams so hard to beat.
6.) 11 Players, 1 Heartbeat.
A team that play together as one is extremely difficult to best. Coaches must find a way to build unity. Some try the old “It’s us against the world” direction, but the important thing is to develop a sense of oneness amongst players.
7.) Respect All; Fear None.
This is sound strategy for a team facing any opponent. Give them their due respect, but don’t fear them.
8.) There’s only a little difference between champs and chumps.
That one letter makes a big difference. Likewise, the game of football can be a game of inches. It’s doing the little things right that can be the difference between a “W” and a loss. Attention to detail, finishing plays, and making the most out of each practice is important.
- There’s no traffic on the extra mile.
- First downs to Touchdowns — That’s How We Roll!
- We’re the football team your mother warned you about.
- Rise as ONE.
- Some wish for it, we work for it.
- One TEAM One DREAM.
- Win the Day.
- Better tomorrows come from hard work today.
- Always earned, never given.
- We won’t back down.
- We searched Google and still couldn’t find any competition.
- Shine Bright on Senior Night.
- To be satisfied with yourself is a sure sign that your forward motion has stopped.
- It isn’t the hours you put in, but what you put in the hours.
- The greatest game you can win is won within.
- The harder you work, the harder it is to lose.
- Win from Within.
- Victory requires payment in advance.
- Play hard, smart, and together.
- All Out, All Game, All Season.
- FIGHT ON!.
- Work hard
- Coming together is the beginning. Staying together is progress. Working together is a success.
- A team above all. Above all a team.
You might like Football Positions: What Each Player Does.
- New Year, New Team, One Dream.
- If it’s going to be, it’s up to me.
- Champions play as one.
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Play like a Champion Today.
- 4th and inches; do you have what it takes?
- Never let good enough BE enough!
- Don’t plan to succeed, Work to succeed.
- Small town, Big dreams.
- It’s not how you start, but how you finish!
Also, check out Football Quotes
- Talk with your pads, play with your heart.
- Above and Beyond.
- All for ONE.
- TEAM TOGETHER.
- Pride and Passion.
- Hustle hit and never quit.
- ALL IN.
- Hustle and heart set us apart.
- Just Play.
- Defense: Anticipate, Devastate, Dominate.
- Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
- Leave it all on the field.
Check out Football Puns and Captions.
- Actions speak louder than coaches
- Your Parents come to watch ME play
- 7 days without football makes one weak
- POWER SURGE
- R Team R Town
- Our blood, our sweat, your tears
- We smell FEAR
- Intensity is not a perfume!
- Bad habits are like a good bed – easy to get into but difficult to get out of
- Winners train, losers complain
- There’s only a little difference between Champs and Chumps
- Rudy was Offsides
Sports Slogans Video
- Success: Nothing Less.
- Championships are made when the stands are empty.
- 1 Team, 1 Mission.
- One Team, One Goal.
- The pain of sacrifice or the pain of regret?
- Keep the Dream Alive.
- Did you leave everything on the field today?
- Band of Brothers.
- Pain is weakness leaving the body.
Check out List of Super Bowl Winners with scores.
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Whatever it Takes
- Team First
- Football doesn’t build character, it eliminates the weak ones
- Fight on
- Bring the Heat
- Those who stay will be champions
- Win the Day
- It’s not every Friday, it’s every day
- Respect All, Fear None
- Expect Victory
- If its gotta be, it starts with me
- Believe in TEAM
- Refuse to Lose
- Victory is the goal. Determination gets you there.
- Rise up
- EARN IT
- All it takes is all you’ve got.
You might like Quotes and FAQs for Super Bowl LVI.
- It’s time
- It’s what you do before the season start that makes a champion.
- Come together
- ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
- Powered Up (works if your team colors are red)
- Score More
- It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get back up
- Keep the Dream Alive
- Pride in Excellence
- (School Name): Where Amazing Happens
- It doesn’t take athletic ability to hustle
- Your turf is mine!
- Drive – Desire – Destiny
- TURN IT UP
- The harder we work, the luckier we get
- Outwork the competition
- Out of yourself and into the TEAM
- Tradition never graduates
- Some wish for it – we work for it.
- Let’s Roll.
- It’s all about TEAM.
- Train today – Perform tomorrow.
- Love the Game.
- We will.
- Winning is a habit, Success is a choice.
- We play HARD!
Looking for that perfect football slogan to rally the team in the 4th quarter or perhaps the perfect football motto or catchphrase to put on team shirts or jerseys? Or, you’re looking for an inspirational football saying to motivate your team during 2-a-days? Or, maybe you want a funny football phrase to lighten up the locker room? You’ve come to the right place. Here are some more football sayings to motivate, inspire and rally the team.
- Only the Best is Good Enough.
- Whatever it takes.
- We don’t rebuild, we reload.
- This time it’s personal.
- Practice, practice, practice.
- Defense wins.
- Offense sells tickets, Defense wins championships
- The fans can make you famous.
A contract can make you rich.
The press can make you a superstar.
But only love can make you a player.
- Well done is better than well said.
- There is no limit to what can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit.
- Good. Better. Best.
Never let it rest, until your good is better and your better is best.
- Some want it to happen,
Some wish it would happen,
Others make it happen.
- Dedication + Motivation = success.
- Deeds not Words
- Working hard; playing harder
- Demand respect or expect defeat
- Team is everything
- It is very hard to win when your thoughts turn to losing.
- Opportunity may knock, but you must open the door.
- Defeat isn’t bitter if you don’t swallow it.
- No one is a failure until they stop trying.
- The true champion loses many battles before winning the war.
- Sweat plus Sacrifice equals Success.
- More than a Game.
- Unity in Adversity.
- Bringing out the best in each other!
Football Slogans for Locker Room and More
Where can I put my chosen Football Slogans? The locker room, player lockers, t-shirts, warm-up, posters, banners, and more. Fire up the fan base, excite the crowd and get your players really going with these football slogans and sayings.
- On front: We’re Going To Win
On back: So Coach Doesn’t Lose His Job.
- Win The Last Game.
- Our Team – Our Town.
High School Football Team
- Ya Gotta Believe.
- Game On!
- We Are Family.
- Fight On.
- Some teams play football, we live it!
- Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now.
Never give up – never back down – never lose faith.
- The future is now.
- We are ____________(team name)
- _________STRONG (______ = city name, e.g., Boston Strong)
- We believe that we will win.
- A bad place to be is between me and the ball.
- Fear the (Team Name).
- In this give-and-take world, WINNERS give what it takes!
- Surrender the ME for the WE.
- Where Pride meets Passion.
- Practice doesn’t make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.
- Fearless and True.
- Tradition never graduates.
- Pride + Dedication = Glory.
- You can’t be as good as, you have to be better than.
- Hit or Be Hit.
- Look up, get up, but never give up.
- Those who believe will be Champions.
- United we play, United we win.
- Believe & Achieve.
- Rock Solid.
- Ready to Rumble.
- Eye on the Prize.
- Victory begins in the Heart.
- Hustle & Heart.
- The Tradition Continues.
- Strong to the Finish.
- Now is the Time.
- Outworking the Competition.
- We don’t practice until we can get it right. We practice until we can’t get it wrong.
- (Team Name): It’s a Way of Life.
- One Team One Dream.
- As One!
- Under Construction: Champions Building.
- Hustle, Hit and Never Quit!
- When the time to perform has arrived, the time to prepare has passed.
- Leave Nothing.
- Unfinished Business.
- The price of greatness is responsibility.
- Fast and Furious.
Football Sayings Video
- The true champion believes in the impossible.
- Practice Hard – Play Strong – Love the Game.
- Guard The Yard.
- Unfinished Business.
- When you play ball, leave it all.
- Winners in life don’t always win; they just don’t give up.
- All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Make good habits and they will make you.
- The only time Success comes before Work is in the Dictionary
- All you got, all the time.
- Keep the Dream alive.
- How do you want to be remembered?
- No one is safe.
- Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds.
- Go hard or go home.
- Clear eyes, full heart, can’t lose (made famous on Friday Night Lights)
- Our time – No regrets.
- Winning: What We Do Best.
- Count on me.
- Hard luck is composed of laziness, bad judgment, and poor execution.
- Victory comes to those who make the least mistakes.
Cheer for the Home Team
- It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
- “I can’t do it” never yet accomplished anything – “I will try” has performed miracles.
- Reaching high keeps a man on his toes.
- Hit or be hit!
- Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man, but to the man who thinks he can.
- The will to win is not nearly so important as the will to prepare to win.
- Be prepared! “If only” are the famous last words of those who weren’t.
- Great opportunities come to those who make the most of small ones.
- To demand more of yourself than you do of others is the first step on any ladder of success.
- Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
- PRIDE • POWER • VICTORY
- Finish Strong
Read more football slogans — Go on to page 2.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories. He worked as a contributing writer for USA Football, the youth arm of the NFL.
You’re on the Football Slogans page.
If you have any locker room slogans, college football team slogans or high school football slogans, not on the list, please let us know. Thanks.
Also, check out these other football pages: