These hard work quotes emphasize the importance of staying on task and putting in the necessary effort to succeed. Sometimes, it’s just the slimmest of margins that determines why one venture succeeds and another fails. A little extra effort can result in big gains. Read these selections and get inspired and motivated.
Quotes about Hard Work
- The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Work is the key to success, and hard work can help you accomplish anything.
Vince Lombardi Jr.
- Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston S. Churchill
- It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.
- Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Tough Grind Sayings
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.
Henry David Thoreau
- Skill comes from consistent and deliberate practice.
- I was obliged to be industrious. Whoever is equally industrious will succeed equally well.
Johann Sebastian Bach
- Perseverance, secret of all triumphs.
- Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat.
- The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream.
- It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
- Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.
- Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.
- Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
- Don’t give up in times of difficulty. Persevere on as there will be an end to these.
- Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.
- Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it.
- I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near.
- The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.
Colin R. Davis
- All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.
- Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
Jacob A. Riis
- Fools wait for a lucky day, but everyday is a lucky day for an industrious man.
- Perseverance means that achieving a goal is not an ‘if’ possibility but, instead is a ‘definite’ passion.
- Any reward that is worth having only comes to the industrious. The success which is made in any walk of life is measured almost exactly by the amount of hard work that is put into it.
- Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
- It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.
Babe Ruth – More Babe Ruth Quotations
- There is no substitute for hard work, 23 or 24 hours a day. And there is no substitute for patience and acceptance.
- Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
John D. Rockefeller
- Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
E. E. Cummings
- It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
- Never, never, never, never give up.
- An industrious sinner I much prefer to a lazy saint.
- I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
- The affirmation of strong perseverance, of keeping at it, of continuous, undeviating effort, is bound to pay off ultimately if you have the inner compulsion to visualize and keep at it.
Norman Vincent Peale
- Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.
- Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.
- I dwell in possibility.
- I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult. I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking.
- Perseverance is persistence the prize of not giving up.
- You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself.
- Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.
No One Ever Drowned from Sweat
- Some temptations come to the industrious, but all temptations attack the idle.
- When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work.
George Bernard Shaw
- I know you’ve heard it a thousand times before. But it’s true–hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice. If you don’t love something, then don’t do it.
- The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do.
Hard Work Quotes
- A No. 2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere.
- A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
B. F. Skinner
- One day someone is going to come to you and ask how you did it. Because you were creative, because you persevered, because you persisted through the resistance, you will be able to hold your chin up and help someone else overcome.
- To do good work a man should no doubt be industrious. To do great work he must certainly be idle a well.
Henry Ward Beecher
Tip: These hard work quotes make excellent captions for social media posts.
- There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
- The will to persevere is often the difference between failure and success.
- All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.
Michael John Bobak
- If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.
- When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.
- Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
John Quincy Adams
- He conquers who endures.
- A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn’t feel like it.
- The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.
Thomas A. Edison
- Life can be filled with failures, but only those who don’t persevere adopt failure as the way it has to be.
- Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goals: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
- Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind.
- A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.
- You go on. You set one foot in front of the other, and if a thin voice cries out, somewhere behind you, you pretend not to hear, and keep going.
- Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.
- Persist and persevere, and you will find most things that are attainable, possible.
- If your dream is a big dream, and if you want your life to work on the high level that you say you do, there’s no way around doing the work it takes to get you there.
- Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.
- If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.
You’re on Hard Work Quotes.
You might like: