Motivating, bad day quotes can help you get through those cruel and tough days. Every athlete can have a rough day and needs some words of inspiration to keep up their spirits. Just getting through a practice or a day is enough.
It is, in fact, the difficult days that define the great players. No matter how trying your day was, it is important that you hold your head up. You can always bounce back with a better performance. The most successful athletes know both tough days and good days are part of the process. You just have to accept it, learn from it, and become a better player.
Whether you are a beginner or veteran, everyone is going to have some challenging times once in a while. So when the going gets tough, try your best to find some inspiration with these bad day quotes.
Quotes About Bad Days
- It was just a bad game. It happens sometimes. You don’t want it, but it’s the reality. I just have to refocus.
- You have good games, you have bad games. You have good years, you have bad years. I have always been kind of philosophical about that.
- Bad days build better days.
- I never think about having a bad game because I have prepared.
- Storms don’t last forever.
- I take it upon myself to get motivated. I know when I have a bad game. It’s something I think about myself when it happens, and I don’t need someone to tell me I didn’t do this or didn’t do that.
- To be the best, you must learn to handle the worst.
- Everybody can have a bad game, and we did. These guys have all proven that they can handle adversity.
Funny Bad Day Quotes
- Even if you have a bad game, you have to swallow your pride and sign. It takes a little time, but it makes the kids happy. And it makes you feel good, too.
- I spoil a lot of people with my play. If you have three bad games in a seven-year career, people are going to point that out.
- I’d rather play in the major leagues and have some bad games than play consistently good ball in the minors.
Having a bad day sayings
Beast Mode doesn’t make excuses. It doesn’t complain. Whatever you’re doing, go out there and get it done. Keep pushing. If I have a bad game, I think about what I have to do to return to form. Figure it out, go to sleep, and wake up a new man.
Of course, I have the odd bad game like other players. But I can’t accept that. Especially when things don’t go right for United. It all means so much to me to be successful here.
Ruud van Nistelrooy
What cracks me up is people who think I don’t take baseball seriously. It’s the most important thing in my life. They don’t know how hard it is for me to get a bad game out of my mind. I still can’t, but I’m getting better.
Strength in Hard Times
You know, when I have a bad game, it continues to humble me and know that, you know, you still have work to do and you still have a lot of people to impress.
You play 20 games, you have one bad game. I think any team in this league will live with that.
Everyone is gonna have a bad day, everyone is gonna have a bad game. The questions are: How do you recover? What builds your character? I decided one day early on in high school that I wanted to be great at basketball, not just a good basketball player.
I get over bad games right away. Sometimes I’ve let it go even before I’ve left the mound. That quick. Why? Because it’s over. What can you do about it? Nothing. The only thing you can do is fight if you’re still in the game. After that, you can do nothing.
Tip: These bad day quotes carry with them a life lesson for young players. Not everything is always going to be a bed of roses. Work with your players on a process for dealing with adversity.
When the going gets tough quote
When the going get tough, the tough get going.
Taking On Challenges
Life’s challenge is to find your ‘big reasons’ why you do what you do. Finding these reasons and being deeply connected to them keeps you going when the going gets tough.
I had a fear of losing, a fear of what might happen if I had a bad game. Would I get dropped? I don’t remember a lot of stuff in my career.
I need music. It’s like my heartbeat, so to speak. It keeps me going no matter what’s going on – bad games, press, whatever.
Things Will Get Better
If any player has a bad game it’s there in the back of your mind in the next game. There’s always a hangover. It is like a wounded animal in a way, as you want to get out there as quick as possible and rectify it.
Experience is the best teacher. I’ve been through a lot – going to the Olympics, going to the Finals, having a lot of good games and having a lot of bad games. It’s a rollercoaster ride and I’m just happy I’m a part of it. If it was easy, then everybody could do it.
Kevin Durant – Check out the KD channel on YouTube
By Mike O’Halloran
You’re on the Bad Day Quotes page.
You might also like: