Moving Forward Quotes from great athletes provides inspiration when you need that extra nudge.
Motivation is one of the most important ingredients in helping you succeed. Whether you suffered a setback or haven’t been able to perform at the desired levels, you should learn how to power through.
It is not just athletes who can learn so much from the words of great players. People from all walks of life can find a relation and inspiration in these words. If you want to be great on the field or in your career, you will have to learn something from these great champions.
Quotes About Moving Forward
- Around here we don’t look backward for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
- I decided I can’t pay a person to rewind time, so I may as well get over it.
- Champions keep playing until they get it right.
Billie Jean King
- Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first steps to succeeding.
- Hold the vision, trust the process.
- Do your best, one shot at a time, and then move on.
- Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.
- Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.
Jackie Joyner Kersee
- It’s all about the journey, not the outcome.
- The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
- When I’d get tired and want to stop, I’d wonder what my next opponent was doing. I’d wonder if he was still working out. I tried to visualize him. When I could see him still working, I’d start pushing myself. When I could see him in the shower, I’d push myself harder.
- Sometimes life knocks you on your ass… get up, get up, get up!!! Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.
- Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.
- If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all?
- I’ve never known anybody to achieve anything without overcoming adversity.
Advance and Achieve
- Just keep going. Everybody gets better if they keep at it.
- Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life.
- You’re never a loser until you quit trying.
- To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.
- Do not let what you can not do interfere with what you can do.
- You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
- It ain’t over till it’s over.
- Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.
- Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It’s our goal in life to find it and keep it lit.
Mary Lou Retton
You might like Quotes About Failure page.
Push Ahead Sayings
- I always looked ahead.
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
Muhammad Ali – More Ali Quotations
- Get it Done!
- What do you do with a mistake: recognize it, admit it, learn from it, forget it.
- You can totally do this.
- A good coach will make his players see what they can be rather than what they are.
- I didn’t come this far to only come this far.
- I know what I have to do, and I’m going to do whatever it takes. If I do it, I’ll win, and it doesn’t matter what anyone else does.
Florence Griffith Joyner
- I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Moving Forward Sayings
- Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.
Bo Jackson – check out Bo Biking Bama
- I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.
- A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.
Mary Lou Retton
Give me Strength
- Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
- Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way.
- I think it’s the mark of a great player to be confident in tough situations.
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
- Strength shows not only in the ability to persist but in the ability to start over.
- It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.
- Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.
We hope these quotes give you the strength to power through when you face your next challenge.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author and founder of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on Moving Forward Quotes.
You might like: