Looking for some good high school wrestling quotes to motivate a team? Or, maybe some wrestling sayings for your youth team? Below is our collection to amuse, inspire, and motivate.
Best Wrestling Quotes
- Fatigue makes cowards of us all.
- Anyone who never fails is someone who never tries.
- Home is where the mat is.
- Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.
- The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
- Potential is interesting. Performance is everything.
- You can’t build a reputation on what you could have done.
- It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.
Good Wrestling Quotes
- Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
- Take pride in how far you’ve come; have faith in how far you’ll go.
- Success is not a random event.
Wrestling Quotes for T-shirts
Great accomplishments require great sacrifices.
The harder you work, the luckier you get.
Victory happens when ten thousand hours of training meets one moment of opportunity.
If we cannot find a way, we will make one.
Wrestling begins at the end of your comfort zone.
Success is not measured, it is earned.
Without sacrifice, there can be no victory.
Look in the mirror; that’s your competition.
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Success starts with believing in yourself.
Excuses stop here.
Motivational Wrestling Quotes
Wrestling is overcoming obstacles. Every drop of sweat, every black eye, and every mile run reinforce that the will to train sets winners apart.
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
Respect your opponents, but don’t ever fear them.
Being defeated is only a temporary condition; Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
Funny Wrestling Quotes
Wrestling is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you are tired, you quit when the gorilla is tired.
Mediocrity is as close to the bottom as it is to the top.
We don’t rebuild, we reload.
Your mom pays me to go easy on you.
Champions are people who get up when they can’t.
When you go the extra mile, it’s never crowded.
He that is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else.
There are no losers in wrestling, only winners and learners.
The reward isn’t as good without the struggle.
Failure is part of success, but failure will never stand in the way of success if you learn from it.
Short Wrestling Quotes
- Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.
- Remember, when you are not training, someone somewhere is training; and when you meet him, he will win.
- The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.
- Wrestling is one of the last truly rebellious American things left.
Famous Wrestling Quotes
There’s no drama like wrestling.
No activity I know is more of a confidence builder and at the same time more ‘humility training’ than wrestling.
Congressman James Leach
This is a sport (wrestling) that has turned many boys into men and many men into leaders. And it is a sport in which you can be a giant regardless of how big you are.
Carl Albert, former Speaker of the House
Check out Boxing Captions for Instagram
Dan Gable Quotes
Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.
Right out of high school I never had the fear of getting beat, which is how most people lose.
I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score.
More enduringly than any other sport, wrestling teaches self-control and pride. Some have wrestled without great skill – none have wrestled without pride.
The obvious goals were there- State Champion, NCAA Champion, Olympic Champion. To get there I had to set an everyday goal which was to push myself to exhaustion or, in other words, to work so hard in practice that someone would have to carry me off the mat.
When you finally decide how successful you really want to be, you’ve got to set priorities. Then, each and every day, you’ve got to take care of the top ones. The lower ones may fall behind, but you can’t let the top ones slip.
You don’t forget about the lower ones though because they can add up to hurt you. Just take care of the top ones first. In 25 years as a head coach and assistant, I think I might have missed one practice. Why? Because practice is my top priority. A day doesn’t go by when I don’t accomplish something in my family life or my profession because those two things are my top priorities.
Dan Gable Quotes on Wrestling
Wrestling has been a way of life with me day in and day out. I won’t get too far away from it. I might walk through the wrestling room once a week – I could go every day if I wanted. But just walkthrough, make sure it’s still there.
Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
Wrestling is the only sport I’ve ever competed in that puts you totally in a situation of constant motion without breaks. I could play football or baseball, swim — but there’s always some kind of situation that would break my thoughts, break my concentration.
The 1st period is won by the best technician. The 2nd period is won by the kid in the best shape. And, the 3rd period is won by the kid with the biggest heart.
Rulon Gardner Quotes on Wrestling
When you’re in school growing up, you have teachers who sit and read to these kids, and what better opportunity to sit and read a story — one that’s not fake. It’s not a dreaming story – it’s not Harry Potter. It’s a real-life story, with glorious moments to horrific moments, including the frostbite — and what better way to show kids their potential than with a real-life story?
There is enough reality in my life so I try not to read things that have too much stress.
Every day I turned a “you can’t” into a “you can.”
How do you beat an individual who hasn’t been beaten in 13 years? With the help of others.
I grew up on a farm and I always learned when you work you go forward, you don’t stop and say, well, I’ll take a break. You always go forward and get the job done.
Professional Wrestling Quotes
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don’t last, but bad guys do.
When I’m good I’m good, brother but when I’m bad I’m better.
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Just when they think they know the answers, I change the questions.
Rowdy Roddy Piper
They say I’m insane; I say thank you very much.
Rowdy Roddy Piper
I go out and give it 110% every time I’m out there. I try hard
Rowdy Roddy Piper
You don’t throw rocks at a man with a machine gun.
Rowdy Roddy Piper
I came to chew bubblegum and to kick ass, and I’m all out of bubblegum.
Rowdy Roddy Piper
I bring smiles to people’s faces. I also stand on people’s faces. Balance.
Do you know what it’s like going through life better than everyone else? It’s hard.
Wrestling is ballet with violence.
The Rock Quotations
- The Rock says, ‘Know your role and shut your mouth.’
- If you smell what The Rock is cooking.
- The Rock says this, if the Rock hits you he’ll kill you. If he misses, the wind behind the punch will give you pneumonia and you’ll die anyway, so the choice is yours, Jabroni.
- Finally, The Rock has come back to (whatever city he’s in at the time).
John Cena Quotes
- My favorite thing about Saturday Night’s Main Event, it was that one time where I could stay up late with my dad and four brothers, and we would all beat the tar out of each other while the show was on, and it was all okay because my dad was a wrestling fan.
John Cena — you might like The Make A Wish Legend – John Cena
- I don’t doll myself up for TV because I want people to accept me for who I am.
- I’m the one person who wears the words “hustle, loyalty, respect” on my T-shirts and merchandise. My audience is children. It’s very flattering to see a kid wear your T-shirt; it’s even more flattering to have a dad come up to you and say, “I watch you with my kid. Keep doing what you’re doing. You’re a role model for my son.”
- By the time I was 15 and I stepped into the high school gym, I was just stronger than everybody.
- A lot of the stuff that I say don’t even make TV because it gets cut out. So if you’re at the live events you get to hear what I have to say, but if you’re watching on TV, you’re only getting about 50% of it.
- I’m not trying to brainwash my critics. If they’re critics, they’re critics, and that’s their job to be critical, but I certainly enjoy the involvement I have with my fans. I enjoy the time I get to spend with them, and I don’t waste time with someone stubborn who is not going to come around.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on the Wrestling Quotes page.
You might like: