Hockey quotes for coaches, players, parents and fans.
Looking for a great hockey quote for your team? Inspirational hockey quotes can serve as great motivation to athletes and coaches of all ages.
Famous Hockey Quotes
Sometimes you do the hard work and set the table and somebody else eats the meal.
Brian Burke – on the Leafs successfully making the playoffs
My goal is to deny yours.
When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.
Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.
Ice hockey players can walk on water.
Hockey players have fire in their hearts and ice in their veins.
Funny Hockey Quotes
Hockey players wear numbers because you can’t always identify the body with dental records.
Hockey is figure skating in a war zone.
Four out of five dentists surveyed recommended playing hockey.
Give blood. Play hockey.
My other car is a Zamboni.
Hockey bumper sticker
I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.
Failure is a part of success. There is no such thing as a bed of roses all your life. But failure will never stand in the way of success if you learn from it.
Inspirational Hockey Quotes for Coaches
High sticking, tripping, slashing, spearing, charging, hooking, fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, interference, roughing — everything else is just figure skating.
To play the game is good,
To win is better,
But to love the game is best of all
Great moments are born from great opportunities.
This is your moment. You’re meant to be here.
Motivational Hockey Quotes
A puck is a hard rubber disc that hockey players strike when they can’t hit one another.
We take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor.
The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it.
Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be.
You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, rest when you know that it was a one hundred percent effort that you gave – win or lose.
All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity.
The quoted authors above in this section knew a thing or two about playing the game.
The Best Hockey Quotes
Every day you guys look worse and worse. And today you played like tomorrow.
John Mariucci, to his U.S. Hockey team
Half the game is mental; the other half is being mental.
Hockey is murder on ice.
We get nose jobs all the time in the NHL, and we don’t even have to go to the hospital.
Great Hockey Quotes
- Playing goal is like being shot at.
- Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept.
- Hockey captures the essence of Canadian experience in the New World. In a land so inescapably and inhospitably cold, hockey is the chance of life, and an affirmation that despite the deathly chill of winter we are alive.
- It’s not necessarily the amount of time you spend at practice that counts; it’s what you put into the practice.
- How would you like a job where, every time you make a mistake, a big red light goes on and 18,000 people boo?
- More Inspiring Quotes Motivational
- Hockey belongs to the Cartoon Network, where a person can be pancaked by an ACME anvil, then expanded – accordion-style – back to full stature, without any lasting side effect.
- By the age of 18, the average American has witnessed 200,000 acts of violence on television, most of them occurring during Game 1 of the NHL playoff series.
Please send us any ideas you have for additional suggestions for our listings. Thanks.
Inspirational Quotes and Sayings