Our Peyton Manning quotes highlight the intellect, skills, and humor of the soon-to-be Hall of Famer.
Best Peyton Manning Quotes
- I want to be out there every single snap, every single play.
- My dad was a class person on and off the field. That’s the person I want to be.
- It’s kind of boring to me if teams never throw the ball.
- You’ve got to remember what your priorities are. When you’re playing, what you do on the field is the most important thing.
- Whenever people ask you where you’re from and you say, New Orleans, it’s always going to create a conversation.
- I feel one of the most significant honors a player can have in his sport is to have his number retired. Certainly for me to have that at Tennessee, it’s with great pride.
- If you work hard and you play well, all those critics quiet themselves pretty quickly.
Good Peyton Manning Sayings
I certainly think about how grateful I am for all the teammates and coaches that I’ve played with and played for throughout my career, not only here in Denver — in Indianapolis and all the people that have helped me along the way, but I’ve always been a fan of quarterbacks, whether it’s Brett Favre or Dan Marino or John Elway. I’m very honored and humbled to join a pretty unique club and then when you throw in guys like Johnny Unitas and Fran Tarkenton, guys that were my dad’s heroes growing up as well, I can put it in some perspective and I have a great appreciation for it. (on his career touchdown record)
I don’t like to play favorites, and I do try to spread the ball around. But there’s an old rule: You throw to the guys who get open in practice.
Being there every week for my teammates is really important to me. It’s about accountability. I hear stuff about the ‘toughest quarterback in the league’ and all that; what’s that mean?
Inspirational Peyton Manning Quotations
I see young quarterbacks just coming into the league, and they’re throwing screens and layoffs right away. As funny as this might sound, I really learned a lot by going downfield, even in tight coverage.
Boy, do I hate to lose.
If people think I’m a laid-back guy, that’s their mistake.
I remember when I first got into the league, I thought about how it would be nice to have a year when you were the best. That means your team is probably winning.
Funny Peyton Manning
When people are watching you, it makes you think twice about what you do, and the things you say, and the people you hang around with.
It takes 20 years to build a reputation, and 5 minutes to ruin it.
My job is to play well offensively and help my team score points. So I feel very responsible every time we lose a game.
I’ve never left the field saying, ‘I could’ve done more to get ready,’ and that gives me peace of mind.
I’m proud to be Archie’s son. Being a quarterback, I had my mentor and hero living in the same house.
You hear about how many fourth-quarter comebacks that a guy has and I think it means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters.
The pressure is something you feel when you don’t know what the hell you’re doing.
I’m a serious person by nature – sometimes too serious.
If you think we missed any Peyton Manning quotes, please let us know via the contact page. Thanks.
— Andy Atticus
Andy is a sportswriter living in St. Paul.
You’re on the Peyton Manning Quotes page.
You might like: