Popular slogans have that same catchiness as a great songwriter’s hook. We remember them.
For many of the slogans below, their popularity grew due to heavy ad budgets of big brands who used TV and radio ads to make the catchphrases part of everyone’s lives. It didn’t hurt that most people were only watching three primary TV stations at the time.
1) Got Milk? – California Milk Processor Board. Celebrities wore milk mustaches to promote the benefits of drinking milk.
2) Where’s the Beef? – Wendy’s
3) Think Different – Apple. Campaign created in 1997 for Apple by Chiat Day. Iconic 20th Century legends like Amelia Earhart, Ted Turner, and Frank Lloyd Wright were featured. Apple really needed to look no further than their founder, Steve Jobs, who famously said,
“When you grow up you tend to get told the world is the way it is and your job is just to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls too much. Try to have a nice family life, have fun, save a little money.
That’s a very limited life. Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact, and that is – everything around you that you call life, was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use.”
4) Melts in your mouth not in your hands – M&M’s
5) Is it live, or is it Memorex? – Memorex
6) Let your fingers do the walking – Yellow Pages. Even a great slogan can not slow down change.
7) It takes a licking and keeps on ticking – Timex
8) All the News That Fit to Print – New York Times
9) Breakfast of Champions – Wheaties. Also, it serves as the title for Kurt Vonnegut’s famous novel. In his book, the Breakfast of Champions is a martini.
10) When it rains it pours – Morton Salt
Jingles You Remember
11) It’s the Real Thing – Coca-Cola
12) Good to the Last Drop – Maxwell House Coffee
13) The Quicker Picker Upper – Bounty
14) Think outside the bun – Taco Bell
15) The Uncola – The Seven-Up Company
16) Nothing runs like a Deere – John Deere
17) We try harder – Avis. Adopted in 1962, the campaign spoke to the fact that Avis was the second biggest car rental company, and as a result, needed to try harder.
18) Snap Crackle Pop! – Rice Krispies
19) I want my MTV – MTV
20) Finger-Lickin’ Good – KFC
So what is a slogan? Exactly what does slogan mean? The standard definition of a slogan is a short or memorable phrase advertisers use to promote their companies or brands. It’s also associated with being a motto for a group or organization. Similar terms include byword, jingle, and catchphrase.
21) Think small – Volkswagen
22) There’s always room for Jell-O – Jell-O
23) Because you’re worth it – L’Oreal
24) The ultimate driving machine – BMW
25) The Few. The Proud. The Marines. – U.S. Marine Corps
26) When you care enough to send the very best – Hallmark
27) I’m Lovin’ it – McDonald’s
28) Just Do It – Nike
29) Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t – Peter Paul Mounds
30) Coke is it! – Coca-Cola
31) You’re in good hands with Allstate – Allstate
32) Betcha can’t eat just one – Lay’s
33) Have it Your Way – Burger King
34) You can’t top the copper top – Duracell
35) Be all that you can be – U.S. Army
36) A little dab’ll do ya! – Brylcreem
37) Tastes so good, cats ask for it by name – Meow Mix
38) With a name like Smuckers it has to be good – Smuckers
39) Nothing outlasts the Energizer. It keeps going and going. – Energizer
40) You deserve a break today – McDonald’s
41) America runs on Dunkin – Dunkin Donuts
42) Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz. Oh, what a relief it is – Alka Seltzer
43) Unleash a Jaguar – Jaguar
44) Oh, what a feeling! – Toyota
45) Merrill Lynch is bullish on America – Merrill Lynch
46) Look, Ma, no cavities! – Crest
47) Reach out and touch someone – AT&T
48) When it absolutely, positively, has to be there overnight. – Federal Express
49) There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s MasterCard – Mastercard
50) Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.
51) A Diamond is Forever – De Beers
52) Do the Dew – Mountain Dew
53) Eat Mor Chikin! – Chick-fil-A
54) Obey your thirst – Sprite
55) M’mm! M’mm! Good! – Cambell’s Soup
56) Fly the friendly skies – United Airlines
57) It’s everywhere you want to be – Visa
58) Does she or doesn’t she? – Clairol
59) Expect More Pay Less – Target
60) Please don’t squeeze the Charmin – Charmin
61) Drivers wanted – Volkswagen
62) It’s Miller Time – Miller
63) Don’t leave home without it – American Express
64) Every Kiss begins with Kay – Kay Jewelers
65) What would you do for Klondike Bar? – Klondike Bar
Tip: These popular slogans make great captions for photos on Instagram and Facebook.
Famous Slogans by Brand
Burger King Slogans
Be Your Way – Current
Have it Your Way – Lasted 40 years
You’re the Boss
The fire’s ready
Your way, right away
Fast Food for Fast Times
We do it like you do it
It takes two hands to hold a Whopper
Wake up with the King
Burger King, Home of the Whopper
We Have the Meats
Arby’s. Now That Your Tastes Have Grown Up!
What are you eating today?
It’s Good Mood Food
Bud Light Slogans
Fresh. Smooth. Real. It’s all here.
Be yourself and make it a Bud Light
Make it a Bud Light
Everything else is just a light
Save Money. Live Better.
Always Low Prices
Just Do It
Yesterday you said tomorrow
I run like a girl. Keep up.
Test Your Faith Daily
Make Yourself Unstoppable
Don’t run away from challenges. Run over them.
Think training is hard. Try losing.
Taking it easy won’t take you anywhere
Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe dedicated
Work hard. Dream big.
Ran sounds better than run
There is no finish line
Run more than your mouth
Impossible is Nothing
Adidas is all in
Conquer the Concrete
Believe in 5ive
Dear Self: No one becomes a champion by accident
— Tim Moodie
Tim is a writer based in the Twin Cities.
You’re on Popular Slogans and Ad Jingles.
You might like: