Positive quotes can help to brighten your day and spirit in a big way. It is not easy to gather up our broken pieces and fight in a world filled with so much negativity. The daily work which we do in school, at work or in a business can easily act like an overwhelming burden sucking the energy out of our lives.
However, it is not hard to regroup and get inspired. It only takes a little bit of positivity and change in our overall outlook towards life. Seeing other people accomplish great things, witnessing other people overcome adversity or simply reading inspirational quotes from great people can have a big impact on our day to day life. Sometimes the sheer beauty of nature can remind us just how lucky we are to be alive.
Here is a list of positive quotes that we believe can play a big role in uplifting your spirits and changing your attitude towards people.
Quotes About Positivity
- Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do and damned if you don’t.
- Most fears of rejection rest on the desire for approval from other people. Don’t base your self-esteem on their opinions.
- Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
- Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
Charles R. Swindoll
- There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures.
Josiah Gilbert Holland
More Positive Thinking
- Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.
- When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?
- Nurture your mind with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
- Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.
- You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.
- Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.
Mary Lou Retton
- Staying positive does not mean that things will turn out okay. Rather it is knowing that you will be okay no matter how things turn out.
- No matter what you’re going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you’ll find the positive side of things.
Positive Quotes to Inspire
- Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
- Whoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.
Vincent Van Gogh
- The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.
Roy T. Bennett
- One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.
- If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.
Roy T. Bennett,
- There will be a few times in your life when all your instincts will tell you to do something, something that defies logic, upsets your plans, and may seem crazy to others. When that happens, you do it. Listen to your instincts and ignore everything else. Ignore logic, ignore the odds, ignore the complications, and just go for it.
- You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
- Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.
- Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.
- Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.
- Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one.
- Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
- I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents; we’re all teachers – if we’re willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door.
Positive Vibes Sayings
Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps, they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.
A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.
I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up! I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude.
You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.
Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up.
Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
Surround Yourself with Positive People Quotes
Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A ‘you can do it’ when things are tough.
Richard M. DeVos
Surround yourself with people who provide you with support and love and remember to give back as much as you can in return.
I think it’s important to always keep professional and surround yourself with good people, work hard, and be nice to everyone.
To all the other dreamers out there, don’t ever stop or let the world’s negativity disenchant you or your spirit. If you surround yourself with love and the right people, anything is possible.
Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don’t interfere as long as the policy you’ve decided upon is being carried out.
Funny Positive Quotes
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him asleep.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn’t give it up because by then I was too famous.
Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent.
Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.
You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
Positive Life Quotes
- Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.
Norman Vincent Peale
- Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.
- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
- I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.
- Today is a new beginning, a chance to turn your failures into achievements & your sorrows into so goods. No room for excuses.
- We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.
- The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
Tip: Some of these positive quotes make for great captions for photographs.
Positive Attitude Quotations
If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.
Frances Hodgson Burnett
Life is a bowl of cherries. Some cherries are rotten while others are good; its your job to throw out the rotten ones and forget about them while you enjoy eating the ones that are good! There are two kinds of people: those who choose to throw out the good cherries and wallow in all the rotten ones, and those who choose to throw out all the rotten ones and savor all the good ones.
C. JoyBell C.
If you can quit, quit. If you can’t quit, stop complaining – this is what you chose.
What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity? Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficulty, and every difficulty has an opportunity.
J. Sidlow Baxter
Believing in negative thoughts is the single greatest obstruction to success.
Charles F. Glassman
Always strive to aim for the highest peak of the goals in life you have set, this way if you manage to reach even halfway toward a goal, landing in the middle is not such a bad place to end up.
Don’t hang with negative people. They will pull you down with them. Instead, invite them into your light and together you will both shine strong.
- Separate yourself from those who hinder your vision. Make a choice to walk away from the trap set to ensnare you. Realize when someone is pulling you backwards every time you take a step forward. Separate from them and the result of your action will be a life of success.
Amaka Imani Nkosazana
- Those who died while trying to make our world a better place didn’t actually die, they proved some points. Our job is to notice them and continue from where they stopped.
Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
You’re on the Positive Quotes page.
You might like: