You might need some inspiring, tired quotes to boost your performance on occasion. It’s not uncommon for one to get tired of trying – physically, mentally, or both. The right motivation can help you overcome the feeling of being drained or played out and can get you back into your game.
Every experienced athlete knows that feeling exhausted is not the best recipe for performance success. It is the extra effort that you make when you feel zonked which can make all the difference.
So, if you want to succeed, you need to perform at your peak. It is natural to feel drained at times. Please read up on what accomplished athletes have to say about the subject, and find some inspiration in their words.
Quotes About Being Tired
1.) Losers quit when they’re tired. Winners quit when they’ve won.
2.) When I’d get tired and want to stop, I’d wonder what my next opponent was doing. I’d wonder if he was still working out. I’d tried to visualize him. When I could see him working, I’d start pushing myself. When I could see him in the shower, I’d push myself harder.
3.) You can do anything, but not everything.
4.) Doctors and scientists said breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
5.) My goal is to build a life that I don’t need a vacation from.
Good Tired Quotes
- Don’t stop when you are tired. Stop when you are done.
- I think I get addicted to the feelings associated with the end of a long run. I love feeling empty, clean, worn out, and sweat-purged. And, I love that good ache of the muscles that have done me proud.
- It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.
- Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.
- The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
Exhausted and Worn Out Quotations
- Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
- You learn you can do your best even when it’s hard, even when you’re tired and maybe hurting a little bit. It feels good to show some courage.
- Burnout is when long term exhaustion meets diminished interest.
- When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven’t.
- One word: ‘Fight.’ Anyone can do it when it feels good. When you’re hurting, that’s when it makes a difference, so you have to keep fighting.
Funny Tired Quotes
- Can’t decide if I need a hug, an XL coffee, 6 shots of vodka or 2 weeks of sleep.
- It’s a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired – you quit when the gorilla is tired.
- You never get tired unless you stop and take time for it.
Fatigue Sets In Sayings
- Fatigue makes cowards of us all.
- To get there I had to set an everyday goal which was to push myself to exhaustion or, in other words, to work so hard in practice that someone would have to carry me off the mat.
- Nothing, not even pain, lasts forever. If I can just keep putting one foot in front of the other, I will eventually get to the end.
- The real purpose of running isn’t to win a race. It’s to test the limits of the human heart.
- Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment.
- The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
Weary and Wiped Out Quotes
- Nothing can substitute for just plain hard work. I had to put in the time to get back. And it was a grind. It meant training and sweating every day. But I was completely committed to working out to prove to myself that I still could do it.
- Good things come to those who sweat.
- I’m exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel.
- Come to Me all you who are weary and heavy-burden and I will give you rest.
- And your mind still goes, but the body doesn’t react.
- If you think you’re done, you always have at least 40 percent more.
A Long Day Quotes
- I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can’t run, what they would give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them. I know they would do the same for me.
- If you think you can’t, you won’t, and if you think you can, you will. When I’m tired at practice, I tell myself that I’m not tired, and I can push through. If you tell yourself you’re tired or if you tell yourself you’re sick, your body is going to follow the mind.
- Your biggest challenge isn’t someone else; it’s the ache in your lungs, the burning in your legs, & the voice inside you that yells, Can’t. But you don’t listen, you push harder. You hear the voice whisper Can. and you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
- I enjoy all the oohs and ahhs from the gallery when I hit my drives. But I’m getting pretty tired of the awws and uhs when I miss a putt.
- Never give up; miracles happen every day.
By Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on Tired Quotes.
You might like: