Our workout quotes are here to inspire and motivate folks. Hopefully, they will inspire you to achieve the goals you have always been dreaming of achieving. A healthy body harbors a healthy mind.
Whatever your calling, whatever your background, exercise should be a part of your life. It is going to affect different aspects of your life, encouraging you to become a hard worker. Whether it’s about losing weight, building strength, gaining muscle, or building stamina, these fitness motivation quotes will help you reach your goals.
Share these sayings with whomever you work out with for the best results. Exercise, rinse, repeat.
Quotes About Working Out
- The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but instead will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.
- You’re only one workout away from a good mood.
- You shall gain, but you shall pay with sweat, blood, and vomit.
- Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.
Funny Workout Quotes
- If you want to get in shape, go to the gym every single day, change your clothes, and take a shower. If you can do that every single day for a month, pretty soon you’ll start doing something while you’re there…
- I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I’m doing.
- Gym Rule #1: If you want to know the correct way to perform an exercise, the answer is: Whatever hurts most.
- The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you’re not in shape for it, it’s too far to walk back.
Franklin P. Jones
- America has got to be the only country in the world where people need energy drinks to sit in front of a computer.
- The only reason I would take up jogging is so I could hear heavy breathing again.
- Walking isn’t a lost art: one must, by some means, get to the garage.
- Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes.
Robert M. Hutchins
Humorous Workout Quotations
- I often take exercise. Why only yesterday I had breakfast in bed.
- The only exercise I get is when I take the studs out of one shirt and put them in another.
Ring Lardner – Check out more Ring Lardner quotes.
- The word ‘aerobics’ came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we’re going to charge $10 an hour, we can’t call it Jumping Up and Down.
Inspirational Health and Fitness Quotes
- Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it WILL pay off, and it WILL be worth it.
- Don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.
- Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.
- We must appreciate and never underestimate our own inner power.
- The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion.
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
- Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
Every workout counts
- The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.
- There’s no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard, and aim to be the best.
- If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied.
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
- Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
- Some quit due to slow progress. Never grasping the fact that slow progress…is progress.
- All great achievements require time.
- Your health account, your bank account, they’re the same thing. The more you put in, the more you can take out. Exercise is king and nutrition is queen. Together you have a kingdom.
- Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.
- Create healthy habits, not restrictions.
- It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.
Kerri Walsh Jennings
- The difference between try and triumph is a little ‘umph’.
- Ain’t nothing to it but to do it.
- Go hard or go home.
- Squat till you puke.
- Eat big, Lift big, get big!
- Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but don’t nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights.
- Train hard, so they have to dig deeper than 6 feet into the ground.
- If the bar ain’t bending you‘re just pretending.
- Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
- You can’t flex fat so shut up and lift.
- No pain, no gain!
- I got 99 problems but the bench ain’t one.
- A winner never whines.
- The first wealth is health.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
- When I train, I erase all the limits and expectations of what I can do. I am powerful and anything is possible.
- It is exercise alone that supports the spirits and keeps the mind in vigor.
- I will sacrifice whatever is necessary to be the best.
- Most people give up right before the big break comes—don’t let that person be you.
- To change your body you must first change your mind.
- You’re going to have to let it hurt. Let it suck. The harder you work, the better you will look. Your appearance isn’t parallel to how heavy you lift, it’s parallel to how hard you work.
- The greatest pleasure you’ll ever have is doing what others tell you you couldn’t.
- You have to push past your perceived limits, push past that point you thought was as far as you can go.
- Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
Motivational Workout Quotes
- Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
- When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination. Tommy Lasorda
- Success doesn’t work overnight. Keep your eye on the prize and don’t look back.
- If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.
- If you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre.
- Your mind will quit 100 times before your body ever does.
- To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
- To keep winning, I have to keep improving.
Good Exercise Quotes
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
- If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.
- No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Workout Images Fitness Images
By Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on the Tireless Workout Quotes to Inspire page.
You might like: