Looking for lacrosse quotes to inspire a team? Check out this hard-hitting collection below.
Best Lacrosse Quotes
- You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others will judge you, for your greatness will silence them all.
- Practice doesn’t make perfect – it makes permanent.
- Fall seven times, stand up eight.
- Play for the teammate standing next to you.
- It is a fact that, in the right formation, the lifting power of many wings can achieve twice the distance of any bird flying alone.
- Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.
Motivational Lacrosse Quotations
- Rookie’s play until they get it right, Champions play until they can’t get it wrong.
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it.
- Communication is the secret to success. Pass it on!
- How hard would you play today, if you knew you could not play tomorrow?
- Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.
Jim Berkman Quotes on Lacrosse
Outwork the guy next to you.
Tip: Consider using these lacrosse quotes for Instagram, Facebook and photo captions.
Jim Brown Lacrosse Quotes
- I was just a big guy running down with a big, deep pocket and little short stick putting it against my chest.
- I could fully express myself in lacrosse.
- …you could be the best team or the best player in different generations and people respect each other. Nobody cares about who was the best.
- Lacrosse is probably the best sport I ever played.
- I could run 200 yards at a stretch, I could duck between players, I felt free to make plays that suited me best. It wasn’t like football then and basketball today, where coaches tell you what foot to put down.
- There was no publicity. You had to like it. There was no pressure, just great competition. The attitude of the coaches and players was exceptional.
- I came from Long Island, so I had a lot of experience at the stick. I played in junior high school, then I played in high school. The technical aspect of the game was my forte. I had all that experience, then I had the strength and I was in good condition.
Note: Football great Jim Brown was also a legendary lacrosse player. Read more on Jim Brown.
Dave Cottle Quote
- Stop thinking and just play.
Check out Funny Boat Naming Ideas.
Dana Czapnik Quotations on Lacrosse
- The goalie. Lacrosse’s unsung hero. Keeper of the net. Last line of defense. A player whose contribution never shows up on the scoreboard at the end of a game, but whose efforts may have determined the outcome. They say there is a personality-a “type”- that tends to choose the same position on the field.
- Attackers like the limelight. Defenders crave the physicality. Midfielders like a sampling of both. And goalies only function with the weight of the world on their shoulders. After all, goalies are people who voluntarily put themselves in the line of fire. And the good ones never flinch.
Gary Gait Lacrosse Sayings
- Twenty years ago people thought they were fishing nets and all sorts of things when you brought out a lacrosse stick. Now almost everywhere you go, people have heard of it, they’ve seen it and they’re like, “Oh, that’s the sport I saw on TV or my grandson plays that,” and it’s changed the face of the game and potential of the future.
- We’re doing our homework to make sure we’re prepared.
Oren Lyons Words
- Although we are in different boats you in your boat and we in our canoe we share the same river of life.
- When you talk about Lacrosse, you talk about the lifeblood of the six nations. The game is ingrained into our culture and our system and our lives. (the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca, and Tuscarora)
- There are two times of the year that stir the blood. In the fall, for the hunt, and now for lacrosse.
Inspirational Lacrosse Sayings
Brendan Mundorf Quotes on Lacrosse
- There are guys who play lacrosse, and there are lacrosse players.
Dave Pietramala lacrosse quote
- The last thing we can afford right now is to make excuses. We’re inexperienced at some spots, that’s the way it is. We have injuries, so does everyone, that’s the way it is.
Michael Powell Quotes
People are always going to criticize your game. Initially, the number is going to help you get on the field a little bit more. People are going to notice you – it brings a lot of exposure. He’ll have a target on his chest, and it’s going to make him a better player. But lacrosse is lacrosse. It doesn’t matter what number you are wearing on your chest.”
Jesse Schwartzman Quotes
Move on to the next one. You can’t make every save or score every shot. Have a short memory and get the next one.
Funny Lacrosse Quotes
Robin Williams Quote
I thought lacrosse was what you find in la church.
Other Funny Lacrosse Quotes
What men play during the boys’ baseball season.
- One day without lacrosse is like 900 innings of baseball.
- Lacrosse goalies are the kind of people that make health insurance popular.
- Relax…play LAX.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the editor and publisher of Sports Feel Good Stories.
Know some cool lacrosse quotes? Keep us posted via our Contact page. Thanks!
Check out our Lacrosse Slogans
Inspirational Quotes and Sayings
Lacrosse Certificates – Click on the image below to learn more