These Coaching Quotes can inspire you to achieve greatness. A coach can make or break a team. Most often, the fortunes of a team depending on the whims of one man – the coach. There have been many great coaches who have played the most important role in steering their teams to make history. It is not always that star player who is the most valuable asset. Coaches can get even the worst of players to become stars.
Here are some inspiring Coaching Quotes to inspire you as a player or in your day-to-day living to excel and succeed in your calling. Every great coach has something to teach to the world. Let’s hope you will find the perfect motivation.
- A coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment.
- What makes a good coach?
George Halas – Check out the Chicago Bears Fan Guide.
- Selecting the right person for the right job is the largest part of coaching.
- Coaching is an action, not a title and actions result in successes.
Byron & Catherine Pulsifer
- The interesting thing about coaching is that you have to trouble the comfortable, and comfort the troubled.
- To be as good as it can be, a team has to buy into what you as the coach are doing. They have to feel you’re a part of them and they’re a part of you.
- Coaches have to watch for what they don’t want to see and listen to what they don’t want to hear.
- Practice doesn’t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
Vince Lombardi – More Vince Lombardi Quotes.
- Coaching is 90% attitude and 10% technique.
Tip: These coaching quotes and sayings make great captions for sports photographs posted on social media sites.
Coaching Quote Meme
Quotes About Coaches
- Coaches are aware of how to ignite passion and motivate people. They have an energy that is contagious and knows exactly how to get their team excited.
- A good coach can change a game. A great coach can change a life.
- You must be personally reliable before you can coach your team to generate reliable results.
- A good coach will make his players see what they can be rather than what they are.
- Successful coaches are visionaries. They have a picture of success set in their minds.
- As their coach, your job is to set the bar high, inspire them to reach this bar, encourage them, and most of all, guide them in the best possible manner and in the most supportive environment.
- The fewer rules a coach has,
the few there are for a player to break.
- A coach should never be afraid to ask questions of anyone he could learn from.
Funny Coaching Quotes
- Coaching is nothing more than eliminating mistakes before you get fired.
- You need to be more like a dog, we don’t need a bunch of cats in here – meow, looking in the mirror.
- Son, you’ve got a good engine, but your hands aren’t on the steering wheel.
- My entire adult life, I’ve never used the expression game face. I have no idea what that means or what you’re supposed to do.
- I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.
- If lessons are learned in defeat, our team is getting a great education.
Check out 7 Ways to Build Confidence in Young Athletes.
Game Day Quotations
- I don’t believe in team motivation.
I believe in getting a team prepared so it knows
it will have the necessary confidence when it steps on a field
and be prepared to play a good game.
- Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
- When it’s a game situation when it’s game day, game time when it’s World Cup when it’s these tournaments that happen once every so often, I live for that, I live for that challenge.
- If someone met me on a game day, he wouldn’t like me. The days in between, I’m the goodest guy you can find.
- It isn’t hard to be good from time to time in sports. What is tough, is being good every day.
- While I was coaching, I believe the motivation talk I gave my players that achieved the best results was in reference to their present game-day effort. Yesterday’s performance was already in history.
- You don’t show up on the game day and expect to be great. Greatness happens in practice. You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- On good teams, coaches hold players accountable, on great teams players hold players accountable.
- There are three types of baseball players: Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen and those who wonder what happens.
- I have never believed in comparisons, whether they are about different eras, players or coaches.
- I am constantly being asked about individuals. The only way to win is as a team. Football is not about one or two or three-star players.
- The winning of a pawn among good players of even-strength often means the winning of the game.
Jose Raul Capablanca
- Make sure that team members know they are working with you, not for you.
- My advice to defensive players: Take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in bad humor.
- Coaching is a profession of love.
You can’t coach people unless you love them.
- Failure is good. It’s fertilizer. Everything I’ve learned about coaching, I’ve learned from making mistakes.
- Good coaching is good teaching and nothing else.
- Leadership, like coaching, is fighting for the hearts and souls of men and getting them to believe in you.
- Everything in coaching hinges on listening because what we are listening for affects where we are speaking from.
- Good coaching may be defined as the development of character, personality, and habits of players, plus the teaching of fundamentals and team play.
- Each person holds so much power within themselves that needs to be let out. Sometimes they just need a little nudge, a little direction, a little support, a little coaching, and the greatest things can happen.
- The power of coaching is this – you are expected to give people the path to find answers, not the answers.
- All coaching is, is taking a player where he can’t take himself.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is a coach, author, and founder of Sports Feel Good Stories.
If you have suggested additions for coaching quotes, please let us know via the Contact page. Thanks!
You’re on Coaching Quotes and Sayings,
You might like: