You’re on Famous Yogi Berra Quotes – Page 3 of 6 of Baseball Quotations.
1 – Baseball Quotes
3 – Famous Yogi Berra Quotations
6 – Babe Ruth
We’ve put together some famous Yogi sayings that are sure to make you smile and laugh. If you’ve come here first, make sure to check out the Best Yogi Berra #1 – #60.
The Best, Famous Yogi Berra Quotes: #61 to #88
61. Pie a la mode, with ice cream.
62. Nobody goes there anymore because it’s too crowded.
63. Take it with a grin of salt.
64. You should always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise, they won’t come to yours.
65. A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.
66. This message won’t be over ’til it’s done.
Check out My All-Star Baseball Card Team.
Yogi Berra Fun Fact D
What number did Yogi Berra wear? #8. It so happens that Yogi’s predecessor as Yankees catcher, Bill Dickey, also wore number 8. Both catchers had that number retired by the Yankees.
67. Surprise me. (Responding to his wife Carmen’s question: “Yogi, you are from St. Louis, we live in New Jersey, and you played ball in New York. If you go before I do, where would you like me to have you buried?”)
68. You should always go to other people’s funerals; otherwise, they won’t come to yours.
69. I never said most of the things I said.
70. I never figured I’d go into the Hall of Fame. A kid from the Hill.
71. It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.
72. If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
73. It gets late early out there.
74. You mean now? (when asked, “What time is it?)
75. In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
76. You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.
77. I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house.
78. It’s like deja vu all over again.
79. You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.
80. I wish everybody had the drive he had. He never did anything wrong on the field. I’d never seen him dive for a ball, everything was a chest-high catch, and he never walked off the field. (Referring to Joe DiMaggio.)
You might like: Cardinal Pride: Reflections of a St. Louis Cardinals Fan
Fun Yogi Berra Fact E
Yogi Bear, the famous cartoon star, was named after Yogi Berra (or Yogi Berr if you prefer).
Check out Baseball Captions and Sayings.
81. Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.
82. Ninety percent of this game is half mental.
83. How can you hit and think at the same time?
84. Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.
85. If I didn’t make it in baseball, I won’t have made it workin’. I didn’t like to work.
Check out Fun Baseball Sayings
86. I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.
87. If I could just make ’em up on the spot, I’d be famous. (when asked by fans to come up with a Yogism.)
88. Bill Dickey is learning me his experience.
Check out the “Get to know Aaron Judge” page.
Bonus Berra Quotes
89. I don’t know. They had bags over their heads. (If the fans were men or women running naked across the field)
90. Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.
91. You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going because you might not get there.
Check out our Fantasy Baseball Rankings By Nik Ebert
Quotations about Yogi Berra
Yogi is the most relaxed hitter I ever saw or faced. What a guy! In spite of all the great things he’s accomplished over the years, he’s lost none of his humility and none of his niceness. He’s truly one of nature’s noblemen.
Yogi had the fastest bat I ever saw. he could hit a ball late that was already past him, and take it out of the park. The pitchers were afraid of him because he’d hit anything, so they didn’t know what to throw. Yogi had them psyched out and he wasn’t even trying to psyche them out.
Check out Funny Baseball Quotes
People think Mickey Mantle is the toughest hitter in the league, but I can usually get him out if I don’t make a mistake. The real toughest clutch hitter is Berra. As you change speeds and move around, Berra moves right with you. Rosen does the same thing, but fortunately, he’s playing third behind me so I don’t have to pitch to him. Believe me, the two best clutch hitters in the game are Berra and Rosen. Most of us pitchers wish to hell they’d switch to golf.
(Yogi reminds me of) the bottom man on an unemployed acrobatic team.
You might like: Aaron Judge – Fun Facts and Quotes
Yogi Berra was the New York Yankees star catcher noted for World Series heroics and home run power. An American League legend, he played 19 seasons in the majors and was an 18-time all-star. He wrote a book with Dave H. Kaplan entitled You Can Observe A Lot By Watching: What I’ve Learned About Teamwork From the Yankees and Life.
Yogi is noted for a series of famous quotes like, “When you come to a fork in the road, take it” and “we made too many wrong mistakes” that has affectionately become known as “Yogisms.”
For anyone who has struggled to hit a curveball, how can you not like this Yogi take on hitting: “I never blame myself when I’m not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn‘t my fault that I’m not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?”
Yogi died in 2015 at the age of 90.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
Read more on Yogi at the Baseball Hall of Fame site.
You Might Like: