Check out our Julius Erving quotes on basketball, life, and success. He is frequently referred to by his nickname Doctor J., or abbreviated to Dr. J. On the court, he was known for his majestic dunks and his elegant style of driving to the hoop.
Julius Erving “Dr. J” Quotations
- Attitude is altitude.
- I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity.
- I always try to keep a pretty conservative demeanor on the court.
- I wanted to undertake the challenge of daring to be great.
- The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life – mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical.
- I keep both eyes on my man. The basket hasn’t moved on me yet.
- I demand more from myself than anybody could ever expect.
Doctor J. Quotes
- It’s better to stay too long than to leave too soon.
- I think I started learning lessons about being a good person long before I ever knew what basketball was. And that starts in the home, it starts with the parental influence.
- I liked the game, I enjoyed the game, and the game fed me enough and gave me enough rewards to reinforce that this is something that I should spend time doing, and that I could possibly make a priority in my life, versus other sports
- I pulled the plug on it at a time that I thought was right for me to exit.
- Right up until the time I retired at age 37, I felt like there were still things that I could do better.
You might like Dr. J YouTube Highlights.
Good Julius Erving Quotes
- I think I was chosen by basketball, although I never really physically got drafted to any team that I played for.
- If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.
- Goals determine what you’re going to be.
- I am very proud to be featured, especially when you consider the outstanding champions who have had this honor. It is a great company to be in.
- That was just my own personal program: I didn’t want to get too high over the good moments because I didn’t want to be saddened and depressed when things didn’t go as I had planned.
- When the crowd appreciates you, it encourages you to be a little more daring, I think.
- When handling the ball, I always would look for daylight, wherever there was daylight.
You might like Zion Williamson FAQs & Quotes.
Famous Dr. J Quotes
- The first professional game that I ever played remains, to me, the most exciting moment of my professional career.
- Every team that I’ve played on, I’ve either been the captain or co-captain.
- I think that my God-given physical attributes, big hands, and big feet, the way that I’m built, proportion-wise, just made basketball the most inviting sport for me to play.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike has authored three basketball books, served as a basketball coach for 15 years, and is editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on the Julius Erving Quotes page.
You might like:
Or, try these other basketball-related pages: