Our Kevin Durant quotes help you understand this star basketball player. Standing 6’10” tall, Durant is noted for having one of the best, if not the best, outside shots in the NBA. He plays for the Brooklyn Nets, after winning a championship with the Golden State Warriors.
Best Kevin Durant Quotations
- In this league, experience means a lot.
- My time is now.
- If I’d gone straight to the NBA, I don’t think I would have been ready as a player or a person.
- I want to be one of the best players in the game.
Good Kevin Durant Quotes
- With a versatile player, there’s no spot on the court you can’t pass him the ball. You can do anything.
- My mother taught me to always be strong and always work hard. She’s been working hard her whole life for me and my brother. I’m a lot like her in that I work hard for what I want. She taught me that.
- You know, I think more people should watch women’s basketball. It’d do so much for the game.
- I was always in the gym. People would look at me crazy because I spent so much time there. But that’s what it was about. I’m glad I did it.
Kevin Durant speaks about his Mom at his MVP speech – Video
- I’ve learned what it feels like to lose, believe me. But I think, in the end, that is just going to make winning that much better.
- I know that the hard work got me here. And the day I stop working hard, this can all go away.
- I like the nucleus that we have. I’m excited. I want to be here as long as possible. It’s like family. I love being here.
Basketball Quotes by Kevin Durant
- It’s part of my game, getting to the free-throw line and being aggressive. If you say that I get superstar calls or I get babied by the refs, that’s just taking away from how I play. That’s disrespectful to me.
- It feels good to come here and be a winning program.
- It feels good to be a part of history.
- I want to be a champion.
- You gotta win. That’s all it takes.
- I love Oklahoma. The fans have been with me every night. What more can you ask for?
- Chemistry is important. If you like your teammates, it’s going to be easier to play with them on the court.
- Music has always been a big part of my life. It’s kind of like a refuge for me. I just use it to get away.
- Every memory I have from when I was a kid involves basketball.
- I want to be one of the greatest players of all time. I want to be remembered.
- If I continue to just get to the playoffs every year, I guess you could say I arrived, but right now I’m just trying to find my way.
- Our best years are only ahead of us, so we got to continue to keep pushing.
- Hopefully, before I’m done, I can be on an Olympic team.
- All this stuff is kind of surreal to me – I didn’t think I’d be in the league or none of that. It was making it to college. That’s about it.
- I’m a big competitor.
- I’m always hungry. I want to be the best.
- A big market is something that doesn’t really concern me too much. It’s cool to think about, it’s good for off-the-court deals. But I’m more of a basketball player. That’s what I want to be known as. And this is the best place for me to play basketball. I’m glad I’m here.
- I wanted to the best player in the state — [the best] the area has ever seen. That’s always been my goal. Guys like Elgin Baylor, Adrian Dantley, and Dave Bing, it’s tough to pass those guys. So I’m studying, working. My project’s not over yet. Hopefully, I get there.
- I’m like a chameleon. I adapt to my situation. It’s very slowed down here. I like it that way. I’m a guy that’s very reserved, quiet, and shy myself.
- I’ll play all five positions if my team needs me to.
- I want to go down as a winner.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is a basketball coach and the author of three basketball books: Never Forget They’re Kids, Layups and Life Lessons, and Youth Basketball Practice Plans. He’s the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on the Kevin Durant Quotes page.
You might like: