If you want some thrill and adventure in your life, you should read these skiing quotes and captions. Then, you will know how much of an adventure skiing can provide and how it could take your life from monotonous to the unexpected. This compilation of quotes includes not only inspirational but also funny, interesting, and famous quotes.
It is said that skiing is your transportation to freedom, so buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Best Skiing Quotes
1.) A pair of skis are the ultimate transportation to freedom.
2.) Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.
3.) You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a ski pass.
4.) Cross-country skiing is great if you live in a small country.
5.) Feel the mountain and let it show you how you’re going to ski it. Relax and cruise.
- Skiing is the only sport where you spend an arm and a leg to break an arm and a leg.
- Feel the mountain and let it show you how you’re going to ski it. Relax and cruise. This isn’t a fight, it’s a dance, and the mountain always leads
- Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face.
- Be around people that make you want to be a better person, who make you feel good, make you laugh, and remind you what’s important in life.
- Life is like skiing. Just like skiing, the goal is not to get to the bottom of the hill. It’s to have a bunch of good runs before the sunsets.
- Skis are not just pieces of wood, steel & fiberglass. They are tools for escape, a medium for personal expression, a way to challenge fears, push limits, and share incredible experiences with your friends.
Read about 117 Inspiring Climbing Quotes and Captions
Funny Skiing Quotations
- When hell freezes over, I’ll ski there too.
- Skiing is the best way in the world to waste time.
- There are really only three things to learn in skiing: how to put on your skis, how to slide downhill, and how to walk along the hospital corridor.
- Skiing: the art of catching a cold and going broke while rapidly heading nowhere at great personal risk.
- There are only four things you can do on skis. Turn right, turn left, go straight, or sell them.
- A bad day on the slopes beats a good day at work.
- Skiing is expensive, but it’s cheaper than therapy.
- Just ski down there and jump off of something, for crying out loud.
- When you’re skiing, if you’re not falling, you’re not trying.
- The problem with winter sports is that, follow me closely here, they generally take place in winter.
- People weren’t meant to fly; that’s why we make kickers.
- Traverse: One of two ways to stop while skiing. Tree: The other method.
You might like 117 Cool Skateboarding Quotes
These famous skiing quotes will have you wanting to wax the skis.
For me, personally, skiing holds everything. I used to race cars, but skiing is a step beyond that. It removes the machinery and puts you one step closer to the elements. And it’s a complete physical expression of freedom.
The sensual caress of waist-deep cold smoke, the glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run.
It’s better to go skiing and think of God than go to church and think of sport.
For me, skiing is a physical necessity. I have a need for risk.
No matter the risks we take, we always consider the end to be too soon, even though in life, more than anything else, quality should be more important than quantity.
When it comes down to it, it’s pretty simple. Adventure is what you make it. And whether it’s the travel, the discovery, or just the feeling of letting go, the only way we’ll ever find out is to get out there and do it. Enjoy the ride.
There is no such thing as too much snow.
Skiing is the pleasurable part of alpinism, way more pleasurable and fun than alpine climbing.
Users of slippery slope arguments should take skiing lessons—you really can choose to stop.
The sport of skiing consists of wearing three thousand dollars worth of clothes and equipment and driving two hundred miles in the snow in order to stand around at a bar and get drunk.
In sports, especially skiing, you have to be comfortable with risk. You have to have a relationship with fear, and it can’t dominate the decision-making process.
And, as an adult, I tried skiing, and I ended up in tears.
They’ve been working really hard, and they’ve really changed their style of skiing from when they started.
It’s like swimming in a lake your whole life and then someone taking you to the ocean.
When you are too confident, that’s when you hurt yourself.
As human beings, we have an innate need to explore, to see what’s around the corner.
Got to use your brain; it’s the most important part of your equipment.
Here in the deep powder snow, you don’t hear yourself ski. You don’t hear your long turns or your short turns. You float. The faster you go, the better. The less you struggle, the better. You move through the deep, light snow, through the deep snow with some crust on it, through the deep snow with some wind in it.
Powder snow skiing is not fun. It’s life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality.
Inspirational Skiing Quotes
The pain won’t last, but the memories will.
Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization.
A person should have wings to carry them where their dreams go, but sometimes a pair of skis makes a good substitute.
I realize how fortunate I am to have been able to make a life and career out of skiing.
I don’t know if it’s just me or everyone, but the whole vibe with skiing is not so much thriving on competition against others as it is against myself and the clock.
If you don’t do it this year, you will be one year older when you do.
Just get out and do it. Just get out and do it.
Alexander Supertramp Mccandless
Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.
Alberto Tomba Skiing Quotes
The Italian skier, “Tomba la Bomba,” was a sensation on and off the slopes.
- I really lack the words to compliment myself today.
- All the people know Tomba, but not the real Alberto.
- I am going to tell you my dream… I want to take a drink, just before the start of a race. Drink some alcohol, some wine, you’ll see. And then stop in the middle of a slalom to smoke a cigarette. Then continue, and win!
- We are here to conquer America and Colorado.
- I never could stand monotony.
- World War III will break out if I don’t win this race.
- I was introverted, shy. But if you win a lot, you need to be extroverted, or they’ll think you’re arrogant.
- I used to have a wild night with three women until 5 am., but I am getting older. In the Olympic village here, I will live it up with five women, but only until 3 am.
Also known as “Billy the Kid,” his skiing quotes are similar to his skiing style: bold and brash.
- I’m built like a bullet.
- I don’t even know why everyone else is here. Everyone else can fight for second.
- Basically, any downhill skier is a daredevil, and I’m no exception. I like to drive cars faster than 100. I like to go over bumps in my car and get airborne. And, I like to drink. I chase girls full time, but I only drink part-time.
- Millions… we’re talking millions.
- (Upon being asked what it meant to win a gold medal.)
- I made the top, and I was the first to do it. No one can take that away — ever.
Linsey is one of only two female skiers to win four World Cup overall championships.
- When you fall, get right back up. Just keep going, keep pushing it.
- When my parents were getting divorced, I just said to myself, ‘Go to sleep, and tomorrow you can go skiing.’ I cried myself to sleep, and in the morning, I was up on the mountain, and I was good.
- I feel like, with ski racing, you need to have a short memory. You crash all the time, and sometimes it’s a really bad one. But sometimes it’s not so bad.
- Follow your dreams. If you have a goal, and you want to achieve it, then work hard and do everything you can to get there, and one day it will come true.
- I think the most important thing about skiing is you have to be having fun. If you’re having fun, then everything else will come easy to you.
- Life’s short, you know? Especially as an athlete. Your career is very short, and you use the opportunities that you have because you’re not going to have them again.
The French skier made a name for himself on the slopes.
- 100% always, on everything, yes.
- To win, you have to risk loss.
- The best and fastest way to learn a sport is to watch and imitate a champion.
- People ask me what makes a great skier. It takes the gift, but besides the gift, it takes all the availability of mind, which permits total control of all the elements that lead to victory. – total composure.
- Skiing is a battle against yourself, always to the frontiers of the impossible. But most of all, it must give you pleasure. It is not an obligation but a joy.
- Early in the practice runs, I had realized that if I cut a sharp line just at the pole on the right, I could actually gain a couple of meters. I had never taken this line during practice because I didn’t want anyone to know about it.
- Winning tastes good.
Bode Miller is the most successful male American alpine ski racer ever.
When I ski a downhill race, I feel more like an astronaut than an athlete. One wrong move and I’m toast.
I don’t put anything in front of ski racing and sports seriously.
When you back off, it’s easier to make mistakes. For me, it’s better to ski fast.
But there was no question in my mind that I was gonna still go for it. I was still going for the win. I wasn’t skiing for second or third place today, and in the end, I think that’s probably what got me there.
Sometimes it’s all about the win; sometimes, it’s all about the skiing.
As long as skiing is enjoyable, I’m going to continue to do it.
My goal is the same as every year – to not hurt myself.
I always do the contrary of what my coaches tell me.
Skiing Captions for Instagram
Use these Instagram captions for skiing to post with your favorite photos.
- It’s all downhill from here.
- I’m at my happy place.
- Powder to the People!
- I like skiing and maybe two people.
- Up to snow good!
- Born to ski!
- All you need is glove(s)!
- See you on the slopes.
- White powder specialists.
- The snow must go on.
- Ski ya later.
- I do my own stunts.
- Snow happens.
- Lift ticket to heaven.
- Live like there’s snow tomorrow.
- 7 days without skiing makes one weak!
- Ski Patrol ALERT!
- I don’t fall… I do random gravity checks.
- Wannabe Ski Instructor.
- Life is better on the slopes.
- Not snow fast!
- It’s an uphill battle.
- A piste of cake!
- Do you even lift Bro?
- Snowbody’s perfect!
- Boldly go where snowman has gone!
- All cold into one.
- Every snow often I go skiing.
- “Tis the Ski-son to be jolly!
- Back to cool.
- Alpine for you when I’m gone.
- I’m a wintern on the slopes.
- The mountains are calling.
- I’m keeping a snow profile.
- Freeze the Day!
- From ski to shining ski!
- We’re off to see the blizzard!
- You snow it to yourself to ski often!
- Queen of the Hill!
- Belly up to the Brr!
- With great powder comes great responsibility.
- Close to heaven; down to earth.
- You can’t have too much snow!
- Rise and Glide.
- I tried a black diamond run… but it was a slippery slope.
- It takes one to snow one.
- My day has peaked.
By Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on our Skiing Quotes and Ski Captions page.
You might like: