Tim Duncan quotes provide some focus to one of the NBA’s all-time greats. As Duncan has always been of the talk softly approach, these quotations help fill in some of the blanks. Nicknamed “The Big Fundamental,” Duncan was a major force in the Spurs’ long run of success.
Top Tim Duncan Quotes
- I am who I am because of the people who I grew up with and where I’m from.
- Good, better, best.
Never let it rest.
Until your good is better
and your better is best.
- I’m surrounded by nothing but great people. I’ve been blessed with that, so really, I’ve got no choice but to be an all-around good person.
- I’m just going to play whatever game is in front of me.
- I’ve never gotten too high or too low. It only messes you up.
- I’m attacking the basket more. Because I’m more comfortable on the line, that’s an area I want to get to.
- They say I have no emotions, but I’m excited even if you can’t see it.
- If we win, I’m happy. The rest of it is just stuff.
- I don’t try to change myself to impress anybody. I’m just who I am.
- I’m still learning. Hopefully, I can keep getting better, and not stop where I am now.
- I would have loved to play against Bill Russell. He was such a force.
- I don’t usually set personal goals.
A Tribute to Tim Duncan Video
- I’m going to try to fit in where I can and play the way I can.
- When our assists lead to baskets, that’s us playing our best, and we begin knocking down shots.
- Standing on the court and holding up that trophy – it’s so great you want to keep doing it over and over again.
- The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is a basketball coach, author of three books on basketball, and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on the Tim Duncan quotes page.
You might like:
Or, check out these pages: