Tim Duncan quotes provide some focus to one of the NBA’s all-time greats. As Duncan has always been of the talk softly approach, these quotations help fill in some of the blanks. Nicknamed “The Big Fundamental,” Duncan was a major force in the Spurs’ long run of success.
Top Tim Duncan Quotes
I am who I am because of the people who I grew up with and where I’m from.
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest.
Until your good is better
and your better is best.
I’m surrounded by nothing but great people. I’ve been blessed with that, so really, I’ve got no choice but to be an all-around good person.
I’m just going to play whatever game is in front of me.
I’ve never gotten too high or too low. It only messes you up.
I’m attacking the basket more. Because I’m more comfortable on the line, that’s an area I want to get to.
They say I have no emotions, but I’m excited even if you can’t see it.
If we win, I’m happy. The rest of it is just stuff.
- I don’t try to change myself to impress anybody. I’m just who I am.
- I’m still learning. Hopefully, I can keep getting better, and not stop where I am now.
- I would have loved to play against Bill Russell. He was such a force.
- I don’t usually set personal goals.
A Tribute to Tim Duncan Video
- I’m going to try to fit in where I can and play the way I can.
- When our assists lead to baskets, that’s us playing our best, and we begin knocking down shots.
- Standing on the court and holding up that trophy – it’s so great you want to keep doing it over and over again.
- The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made.
By Mike O’Halloran
Mike is a basketball coach, author of three books on basketball, and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on the Tim Duncan quotes page.
You might like:
Or, check out these pages: