The best winning quotes can inspire you to achieve even bigger things in life. Life is about moving from one goal to another, overcoming obstacles, meeting challenges head-on and overcoming. Getting a win matters in all walks of life. Whether it is in a professional or personal life, everyone wants to succeed. To hear most professional athletes speak, it’s a driving force in their will to prepare.
Share some of these words with your friends, teammates, and colleagues to inspire them. You can never know a little bit of motivation can mean a big thing to someone.
Best Winning Quotes
- A winner never stops trying.
- All right mister, let me tell you that winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else.
- Nothing is black-and-white, except for winning and losing, and maybe that’s why people gravitate to that so much.
- A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning.
Billie Jean King
- To win you need to have first lost. That makes you so hungry to win that you’ll do everything you can to achieve it.
- All right Mister, let me tell you what winning means? You’re willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else.
- There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.
Good Winning Quotes
- History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.
Bertie C. Forbes
- You can do anything you wish to do, have anything you wish to have, be anything you wish to be.
- The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.
Roger Bannister – See Victory Quotes
The Will to Win Quotations
- Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next.
- Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’
- The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
The meaning varies from one person to another. To an athlete, it means scoring more or coming ahead of the opponent. To others, it means achieving goals or overcoming challenges. Whether it’s achieving your short-term or long-term goals, the word inspires and motivates you to reach newer horizons. With every win, you grow in one or the other way. It adds something new and positive to you, improving your confidence and encouraging you to pursue new challenges and goals. In all its diversities and magnitudes, it is the underlying driving force that keeps you going in life.
Inspirational Winning Sayings
- Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.
- Winning isn’t everything, but losing isn’t anything.
Charles M. Schulz
- Did you hear what this idiot just said!? He said it’s not about the W…It’s everything about the W with me!
- Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is.
- The person that said winning isn’t everything never won anything.
- Winning isn’t everything, but it beats anything in second place.
William C. Bryant
- Winning isn’t everything, but playing and competing and striving and going through things can be a lot of fun and really important.
- Once you have decided that winning isn’t everything, you become a winner.
George A. Sheehan
- Winning isn’t everything… it’s just all there is.
Good Winning Sayings
- Winning is fun… Sure. But winning is not the point. Wanting to win is the point. Not giving up is the point. Never letting up is the point. Never being satisfied with what you’ve done is the point.
Pat Summitt – Check out the Pat Summitt Foundation to find a cure for Alzheimer’s
- Winning takes precedence overall. There’s no gray area. No almosts.
- The key is not the will to win… everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.
- Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve ever done before.
- Winning is a state of mind that embraces everything you do.
- I try to do the right thing at the right time. They may just be little things, but usually, they make the difference between winning and losing.
- Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.
- Play to win because almost doesn’t cut it.
- For me, winning isn’t something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowd’s roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream.
By Mike O’Halloran
Mike is a sports author and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You might like: