Soccer quotes for coaches, parents, players, and fans can be fun and inspiring to read. Maybe you’re a coach trying to find the right words to inspire your soccer team?
These quotes can serve as great motivation to fans, athletes and coaches of all ages. Even if the beautiful game isn’t your favorite sport, you’ll get a kick out of these sayings.
Awesome Soccer Quotations for Teams
- Up to five goals is journalism. After that, it becomes statistics.
- Whatever brings you down will eventually make you stronger.
- Raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.
- I don’t believe skill was, or ever will be, the result of coaches. It is the result of a love affair between the child and the ball.
Roy Maurice Keane
- Concerning football playing, I protest to you it may rather be called a friendly kind of fighting, rather than recreation.
- I get a kick out of this game.
- Why is there only one ball for 22 players? If you gave a ball to each of them, they’d stop fighting for it.
- Five days shalt thou labor, as the Bible says. The seventh day is the Lord thy God’s. The sixth day is for football.
- To watch people push themselves further than they think they can, it’s a beautiful thing.
- Excuses are like losses. Everybody has them except the champions.
Funny Soccer Quotes
- Some people tell me that professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
- Ally MacLeod thinks that tactics are a new kind of mint.
- I think foosball is a combination of soccer and shish kabobs.
- Foosball screwed up my perception of soccer. I thought you had to kick the ball and then spin around and around. I can’t do a backflip, much less several simultaneously with two other guys.
- That was in the past, we’re in the future now.
- It’s impossible to make a bad pass when you don’t pass.
- Alex Ferguson is the best manager I’ve ever had at this level. Well, he’s the only manager I’ve actually had at this level. But he’s the best manager I’ve ever had.
Check out our 2018 World Cup Guide with Stars, Favorites and Fun Facts.
- Soccer is not about justice. It’s a drama, and criminally wrong decisions against you are part and parcel of that.
- Practice as you’ve never won; perform as you’ve never lost.
- Most of us are in this more than just for playing soccer. We’re in it for the bigger goal — to move it along for the next generation.
- The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
- Those who say it can’t be done, shouldn’t interfere with those who are doing it.
- To the aesthete, it is an art form, an athletic ballet. To the spiritually inclined it is a religion.
- The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It’s the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.
- Failure happens all the time. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it.
- If you’re not sweating, you’re not working hard enough.
You might like: Soccer Positions: Roles and Formations
- I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.
- I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.
- Many people say I’m the best women’s soccer player in the world. I don’t think so. And because of that, someday I just might be.
- A goalkeeper can’t win a game, she can only save it.
You might also like Volleyball Quotations.
- Football is the opera of the people.
- Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
- All good athletes make mistakes; the great ones learn to make that mistake only once.
- I think football would become an even better game if someone could invent a ball that kicks back.
You might like Soccer Field Dimensions.
- If we score, we might win. If they never score, we can’t lose.
- Soccer is a game in which everyone does a lot of running around. Twenty-one guys stand around and one guy does a tap dance with the ball.
- We all fail; the key is knowing how to rise.
- Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.
- To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink.
- Every time I went away I was deceiving my mum. I’d tell her I was going to school but I’d be out on the street playing football. I always had a ball on my feet.
- If you’re attacking, you don’t get as tired as when you’re chasing.
Kyle Rote, Jr.
- Life is like soccer. You need goals.
You might like our Megan Rapinoe Inspirational Quotes page.
- If this can be termed the century of the common man, then soccer, of all sports, is surely his game. In a world haunted by the hydrogen and napalm bomb, a football field is a place where sanity and hope are still left unmolested.
- In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team.
- A champion is someone who does not settle for that day’s practice, that day’s competition, that day’s performance. They are always striving to be better. They don’t live in the past.
- Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I’m very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.
- In Latin America the border between soccer and politics is vague. There is a long list of governments that have fallen or been overthrown after the defeat of the national team.
- Other countries have their history. Uruguay has its football.
- If I walked on water, my accusers would say it is because I can’t swim.
- The rules of soccer are very simple, basically, it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.
Do you have a suggestion for an inspirational soccer quote that would fit nicely into our collection? Let us know via the Contact page.
Other Soccer Stuff You might like: