Quotes about strength can help you to recognize your inner potential develop that unforgiving will power which would eventually be the wind beneath your wings. Sometimes in order to pursue our dreams, all that we need is a little push and that push can come from a random quote at any random place.
Life is definitely hard and when you have an impossible goal, the mission becomes even harder. These strength quotes can provide you with the courage and will power to keep pushing yourself for your ideal, even when the whole world stands on the sidewalks and decides to laugh at your ideologies.
- What hurts you today makes you stronger tomorrow.
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
- When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot, and hang on.
- The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.
- Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Proverb (See more Life Lessons Sayings)
- All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles have strengthened me…. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
- Change yourself – you are in control.
- There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.
Booker T. Washington
- A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.
- I like criticism. It makes you strong.
LeBron James – See Triumphant Victory Quotes
- He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.
Louisa May Alcott
- Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.
Check out these quotations about strong women.
Being Strong Quotes
- Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.
- You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.
- Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
- Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’
You might like good athlete quotes.
Quotations About Being Strong
- That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
- Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it.
- Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
William Ellery Channing
Check out Weightlifting Captions for Instagram
- Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, ‘Get the hell out of my way, I’ve got things to do.
- Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.
- If you always put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
- Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Quotes About Strength
- There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.
- I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong, and I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
- Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.
- Tip: These quotes about strength make great photo captions on social media.
- Be very strong, be very methodical in your life if you want to be a champion.
- Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.
- I love the man that can smile in trouble that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ’Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.
Strength Bible Verses
- My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
- So do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7
- I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
- But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
If you have any suggestions for quotes about being strong, please let us know on the Contact page. Thanks.
You’re on the Quotes about Strength page.