Our LeBron James Quotes give a glimpse at what it’s like to be one of the best basketball players to ever live. A star in high school, he jumped immediately to the NBA. He played first his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers, before heading to Miami where he won a couple of championships, and then returned to Cleveland to win another.
He now stars for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Best Lebron James Quotes
- I don’t want to be Kobe, I want to be LeBron.
- You have to be able to accept failure to get better.
- My mom and I have always been there for each other. We had some tough times, but she was always there for me.
- A lot of players know how to play the game, but they really don’t know how to play the game, if you know what I mean. They can put the ball in the hoop, but I see things before they even happen. Do you know how a guy can make his team so much better? That’s one thing I learned from watching Jordan.
- I like criticism – it makes you strong.
- Sometimes the coaches tell me to be selfish, but my game won’t let me be selfish.
- I love sharing the ball with my teammates. I see a lot of things before my teammates see them.
- It’s a humbling experience for me to be in this position.
- D-Wade is the unselfish guy here—he is welcoming Chris Bosh and LeBron James to his team.
- I laugh and joke, but I don’t get distracted very easily.
- But ever since I was a kid, I was always a winner.
- I expect us to win. I expect us to get better every day.
- We want to win it all. The only reason we play this game is to win championships.
- A lot of people were saying that I was a selfish person and a selfish player. You know, it got to me.
- My dream has become a reality now, and it’s the best feeling I’ve ever had.
- I just do what I got to do and go out and be myself, on and off the court, and take care of my obligations. That’s generally your own destiny—knowing what you have to take care of.
- You can’t let nobody run your train.
- I hope I can help guys coming out of high school if they need advice. I know the ins and outs of everything.
- The only thing on my mind right now is trying to win the whole thing.
- There’s no reason to play in the NBA if you don’t believe you can win it all.
- Every night on the court I give my all, and if I’m not giving 100 percent, I criticize myself.
- If I didn’t believe in this team and this organization and the direction that we’re headed, I wouldn’t have signed the extension.
- A team can’t work when a guy puts himself in front of a team. I have yet to be on a team like that.
- They continue to criticize me for my outside shooting, but I continue to make outside shots.
- No place is better than Akron.
- I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now.
- There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don’t put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself.
- And winning is a huge thing for me.
- My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.
- If it wasn’t for the determination and the willpower we have in each other, we wouldn’t have pulled through and got this win. Much respect to Spain, but the U.S. is back on top again.
- It’s hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them, I’m a winner. It’s not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you’re not going to congratulate them— I’m a competitor. That’s what I do. It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand
- I never wanted to leave Cleveland. My heart will always be in that area – in a perfect world, I would have loved to stay.
- You become a champion as a team. I understand that. I know the history of the game.
- I’m under a super microscope. I’ve got my friends to keep me cool. As long as you’ve got friends, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
- I’m like a superhero. Call me Basketball Man.
- I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike has authored three basketball books, served as a basketball coach for 15 years, and is editor of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on the LeBron James Quotes page.
You might like: