Are you looking for some great team names that will stand out from the crowd? First impressions are important. For better or worse, your opposition begins sizing you up based on what you call yourselves – your name.
What type of message do you want to send?
If you’re trying to show off your creativity, some clever team names might do the job. If you want to intimidate, some powerful team names might be what the doctor ordered. Or, if you’re in it for amusement, some funny team naming ideas should suit you.
Keep scrolling down or use the MENU below to jump to the category of interest. Hope you enjoy.
With 737+ team names in this collection and dozens of supporting pages with even more options, you’ll have plenty of team name selections to choose from. Many of the ideas can be used across the category. For example, you might find a great soccer name in the “Cool” section.
- Funny Team Names
- Fantasy Sports
- Where to use your team name?
Also, please check out the companion page Unique Team Names (#401 – 737+).
1. The Flaming Marshmallows — Love, love! In fact, I love it s’more each day.
2. Not Fast, Just Furious — Ask any speechwriter and she will tell you that some self-deprecating humor is always encouraged.
3. The Salty Pretzels — Great for older teams… and if you have to ask, well, that’s your team.
4. Game of Throws — Ok, this HBO show called Game of Thrones was kinda popular.
5. Bed, Bath & Beyoncé — If you like this one, you better put a ring on it.
6. South Korea Gots Seoul — Don’t let the fact that your team may have no connection to Korea get in the way of a good pun.
7. Furious George — A monkey is automatically designated as your team mascot, and if you can find a man with a yellow hat, well, you’re on your “A” game.
8. The Young and the Rest of Us — So, soap operas are on their last leg (well, so is your team).
9. Your Humble League Champ — Humility has its place, just not here.
10. The Startled Koalas — Look, it’s my favorite arboreal, herbivorous marsupial.
11. Axis of No Talent — Being honest might not get you far in your league, but let’s call a spade a spade.
12. Bruce Willis was Dead the Whole Time! I’m guessing The Sixth Sense made the phrase “spoiler alert” very popular?
Team Name Ideas
13. We will destroy you and burn your village — Nothing quite like a subtle approach.
14. Are We There Yet? One of the great universalities of growing up is that your dad heard this message a lot.
15. Where no ability meets no talent — Looking yourself in the mirror can be difficult.
16. In it for the Swag — You got me, I just like saying swag.
17. The Waiver Wire — Not a first-rounder on your team? Well, you’re accurate if nothing else.
18. Too Fat for Uniforms — When the opposing team continually chants, “Jenny Craig,” you might want to consider this name.
19. Can’t Stop the Hip-Hop — Hey, it rhymes!
20. Joanie Loves Chachi — The ultimate put-down in our neighborhood was to call someone, “Chachi.”
21. Snickerdoodles — Good-tasting cookie with a good-sounding name.
22. Gangs of New Pork — Puns may be the death of us all.
23. E = MC Hammer — The ultimate team name for when you’re looking to combine Einstein with a little rap.
24. Wheaties Box Rejects — The cereal aisle at Piggly Wiggly will be the closest anyone on your team gets to a Wheaties box.
25. Olympic Pool Lifeguards — Think about it… yeah, I thought you’d like it.
26. We own Chuck Norris’ Squad — As Chuck has gained a well-deserved rep for being able to do anything, this is a big claim. Better be able to back it up.
You might like Best Instagram Usernames
27. Bye Week — Hoping the opposition overlooks your team? Well, here’s your answer.
28. No Game Scheduled — Same concept.
29. Cool Name Pending — When you can’t come up with a winner, act like one is just around the corner. Fake it till you make it.
30. Our Nemesis — When friends ask, “Who you playin’?
31. The Other Team — Ditto.
32. Hide n’ Seek — Perfect when someone asks, “Who ya playing?”
33. That Better Team — Must I write it again?
34. With Fire — This is getting old.
Best Team Names With Meaning
35. The Has-Beens and Never Were — Ah, modesty is such an understated gem.
36. Some Assembly Required — When your squad needs a full-time M.D., think about this moniker.
37. Asylum Escapees — We’ve all been on this type of team.
38. Will run for donuts — As good of a reason as any.
39. We’re here for the free shirt — It’s all about the swag.
40. The Walkie-Talkies — Perfect for a walking team with chatty members.
41. Out of Eligibility — If your players are longer in the tooth than the opposition, this name is a walk-off homer.
42. Like enjoyment only different — Participation and satisfaction are two different things.
43. The Couch Sweet Potatoes — Like avocados, sweet potatoes are back in style.
44. The Stud Muffins — You’ll have to smile when you tell someone your name.
45. Fueled by Hops — Carbohydrates make the world go round.
46. The Sandbaggers — Knowing the system is this squad’s identity.
47. The Nerd Herd — Excellent for ping-pong squads, AV teams, and robotics.
48. Just here for the Bacon — And, really who isn’t?
49. Team Spanks — If you can’t laugh at yourself…
50. Bringing up the Rear — Knowing your place in life is so important… just sayin’.
51. Hustle and Muscle — False advertising is an epidemic.
52. Low Expectations — Yes! Perfect for nearly all community teams.
Cool Team Names
53. The Relaxing Rhinos — So hip.
54. The Caboose — We come in last.
55. Bodies by Dad — Watch Jim Gaffigan on Netflix after every game.
56. Our Uniforms Match — It’s the small accomplishments in life that have such great meaning.
57. The Barn Raisers — Has anyone see the movie Witness?
58. The Heebee Jeebees — Bonus points for rhyming.
59. Sweet Sassy Molassy — Ditto.
60. Class on Grass — Ok, this is a double entendre, but it was written as such.
61. Ump Yours — Easy, officials have feelings, too.
62. A Team Has No Name — A tip to Arya Stark.
63. Village Idiots — Spot on!
64. Redheaded Stepchildren — Mistreated, neglected, and unwanted? Yes, that’s my team.
65. The Nomadic Ninjas — Gotta love the alliteration.
66. Jalapeno Hotties — Play some pepper with that name.
67. Bird Feeder Squirrel Proofers — It takes brains and agility.
68. Boom Goes the Dynamite — Amateur sportscasting at its best.
69. The Tater Tots — Great for a baseball team.
70. The Buffalo Wings — I think I know where this team is going after the game.
71. 99 Red Balloons — You’re on your own with this one.
72. The Silly Squids — Be different.
73. Sons of Preacher Men — This one is for Dusty.
74. Forgot to Warm Up — This explains so much.
75. The Pokey-moms — A name with a ton of potential.
76. Toxic Sushi — Go figure.
77. Soul Train Riders — Get on board.
78. Dangerous Rocks — A shirt with the warning sign completes the branding.
79. Hopscotch Mafia — Combine two names that previously had never been put together = winner!
80. Superheroes in Training — Sure, you are.
81. Killer Whales — Straight to the point.
82. Jacked in the Box — If weights are your team’s thing.
83. Globetrotters — A tough basketball name to live up to.
84. Better Run Than The Government — Damning with faint praise.
85. Everyday Unicorns — Along with a rainbow color palette, and you’re all set.
86. Straight Cash Homie — Dialing in Randy Moss.
87. Team Double Dippers — Named after poor manners, low expectations couldn’t be lower.
88. Future Walmart Greeters — Already, these folks are good with the post-game handshakes.
89. Waist Management — Easier wrote than done.
90. Just Win Baby — This was employed by Al Davis many years ago as a Raiders’ slogan.
91. Abusement Park — Nothing screams strength like this name.
92. Cereal Killers — Add “Captain Crunch” for more fun.
93. Mad Thrashers — Thrash sounds almost as bad as it is.
94. Junk Yard Dogs — Savage.
95. High Voltage — It will be a hair-raising experience for the other teams.
96. Dream Crushers — You’re not just beating them, you’re taking away their souls.
97. You’re a Quizard, Harry — Trivia lovers have found their solution.
98. Intimidators — Winning through intimidation is the tagline.
99. New Orleans Voodoo — Adding a cult aspect to the name.
100. Predators — So this makes your opponents “the prey.”
101. Purple People Eaters — A tip of the hat to the Vikings defense from the ’70s.
102. Rampage — Going on a rampage makes it action-oriented.
103. Raptors — Love this one for logo possibilities.
104. Screaming Eagles — 101 Airborne Division’s name.
105. Stampede — Watch out!
106. Crime Spree — Perhaps inappropriate for younger teams.
107. Mad Monsters — An alliterative beauty.
108. The murder of Crows — Because that’s what you call a group of crows.
109. Tidal Wave — Surge.
110. Titans — We’ve all seen Remember the Titans, right?
111. Marauders — Another word for raiders.
112. Vipers — This group is venomous.
113. Warhawks — Sounds like this team is ready for prime time.
114. Warriors — Come out to play.
Volleyball Team Names
115. Pop up Blockers — A small tribute to the annoying ads.
116. How I Set Your Mother — What’s not to like about this name?
117. New Kids on the Block — Boys bands rule!
118. Setters of Catan — It’s finally made it to the mainstream.
119. The Blair Hits Project — Perhaps youngsters don’t know of the Blair Witch Project.
120. EZ Pass — What do volleyball and toll booths have in common?
121. Setting Ducks — Fun!
122. The Empire Spikes Back — Best Star Wars tie-in in a long time.
123. Block and Awe — Shock and awe references can’t be beaten.
124. Johan Sebastian Block — Bach or Block?
125. Order on the Court — Let justice prevail.
126. 2 Legit 2 Hit — The numbers make it a fun logo option.
127. Serv-ivors — The TV show that will never be canceled.
128. Some Spike it Hot — Care for another play on words?
129. The Volley Llamas — Perhaps the editor’s favorite for volleyball teams.
130. Spiked Lee — The Knicks were never the same.
131. It’s a Hard Bump Life — No knocks against this name.
132. You’ve Been Served — Perfect!
133. Notorious D.I.G. — Go to YouTube and check out Notorious B.I.G.
134. Jenny from the Block. — Before the Super Bowl, Jennifer Lopez was still big.
135. To Kill a Rocking Serve — Harper Lee may be turning over in her grave.
136. Net-Results — If a bunch of accounts had a volleyball team…
137. Beavis and Bumphead — Funny.
138. Block Party — Works for a name post-game as well.
Team Names Fantasy Baseball
139. Madison Budweiser.
140. Angels in the Troutfield.
141. Syndergaarden Cop.
142. The Three Moustakas.
143. Love me, Ortiz me.
144. Game of Throws.
145. Bryce Krispies.
146. Men of Steal.
147. Hannibal Lester.
148. The Musial Suspects.
149. You Make Me Wanna Trout.
150. Hold Me Closer, Tiny Dansby.
151. Raising Cain.
152. Kershawshank Redemption.
153. Bartolo Colonoscopy.
154. Sano To Drugs.
155. Two Eggs Odorizzi.
156. Angels in the Troutfield.
157. 99 problems, Pitch Ain’t One.
158. H TO THE RIZZO.
159. Better Call Gasol.
160. The King and I.
161. Curry on my Wayward Son.
162. Big Girls Don’t Kawhi.
163. I can’t believe it’s not Butler.
164. Durant Durant.
165. DeAndre DeGiant.
166. Welcome Back, Korver.
168. Adam’s Family.
169. Rock Harden.
170. Curry in a Hurry.
171. Every Rose has its thorn.
172. Pau right in the kisser.
173.Westbrook Baptist Church.
174. Kawhi of the Tiger.
175. Jrue Light Special.
177. The Big Lebronski.
178. Kawhi 5-0.
179. By George!
Names for Fantasy Football Team
180. Rudy was Offsides.
181. It’s Always Runny in Philadelphia.
182. Brady’s and Edelman.
183. San Francisco 4th and 9ers.
184. Every day I’m Russellin’.
185. Le’Veon or Die Hard.
186. The Ertz Locker.
187. Rudolph the Red Zone Reindeer.
188. Rollin’ With Mahomies.
189. Dude, where’s my Carr?
190. Stairway to Seven.
191. The Brady Bunch.
192. Hotel, Odell, Golladay Inn.
193. Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood.
194. Pete Carroll’s Gum.
195. Hooked on a Thielen.
196. Hot Lockett.
197. Hit me with your Prescott.
198. Kissin’ Cousins.
199. King Quon.
200. It’s Von like Donkey Kong.
201. Zeke and Destroy.
202. Cry Me A Rivers.
203. Kyler on the Loose.
204. Flacco Seagulls.
205. Little Red Fournette.
206. A League of Our Own.
207. Any Given Sunday.
208. Blood, Sweat, and Beers.
209. The Federation of Dunces.
210. 12 Angry Men.
211. The Gridiron Gurus.
212. Show Me The Money.
213. 10 Geniuses and 2 Idiots.
214. Victorious Secret.
215. Fantasy Fanatics.
216. No Punt Intended.
Cute Team Names
217. Bumblebees — Youth sports teams: look here.
218. Mean Girls — Movie popularity makes this one ok.
219. Goal Diggers — Pretty cool for a soccer team.
220. Babes with Brains — BWB.
221. Lady Bombers — Sounds like a roller derby name to me.
222. Lunachicks — A clever choice.
223. Ponytail Express — Have you seen those softball helmets with space for a ponytail? Well, the team that wears those should have this for a name.
224. LadyStix — A softball winner.
225. Divas, Achievas & Believas — A bit of a reach.
226. Angry Chicks — Put on a happy face.
227. Pigskin Princesses — Powerpuff football contender.
228. StarBursts — Colorful and fun.
229. Beauties from the Block — Easy to remember.
230. Queen Bees — Sign up Beyonce as an honorary captain.
Good Team Names Video
Baseball Team Names
231. One Hit Wonders — Borrowed from the music industry.
232. We Love Bad Pitches — A play on words for… I’m not going to go into it.
233. Storm Chasers — Unorthodox.
234. Dugout Dynamos — Dynamite.
235. The Bad News Bears — Where’s Walter Matthau when you need him?
236. Sluggers — As in Louisville.
237. Mud Hens — It’s Klinger’s favorite team from Toledo.
238. The Hitmen — So simple, so good.
239. Lake Monsters — Where are you Nessie?
240. Boomers — Ok Boomer!
241. Hey batter, batter, batter — Everyone’s favorite chant during a game.
242. River Bandits — Easy on the ears and memorable.
243. The Grand Slams — Great.
244. E-Lemonators — A little play on spelling makes this fun.
245. Special K’s — K’s mean strikeouts in baseball.
246. The Blast — A memorable long hit is referred to as a blast.
247. Biscuits — Easy like Sunday morning.
248. Flying Squirrels — Unusual but solid.
249. RoughRiders — Teddy Roosevelt was a RoughRider.
250. The Bambino’s — Babe Ruth’s nickname.
Basketball Squad Naming Ideas
251. Chicken Noodle Hoop — A classic!
252. Shooting Stars — So obvious, but so good.
253. The Hot Shots — Brings a little more attitude to the court.
254. The Ball Hawks — The insertion of the word “ball” refreshes this common nickname.
255. The Force — May it be with you.
Check out 23 Inspirational Basketball Quotes.
256. You’ve Got Next — On courts across the country, the losing team will try to call out, “We go next.” So, this plays it forward a bit.
257. The Rimrockers — Shake the house with this nickname.
Leapin’ Lizards — So fun.
258. Grape Jam — Jam has additional meaning in basketball.
259. Showtime Shooters — Magic’s Lakers were known as “Showtime.”
260. Orange Crush — Just place your team’s color in front of Crush.
261. Mad Ants — A fun name for a team short of stature.
262. Bricklayers Union — It’s all about self-effacing humor.
263. Wizards — Sure, it’s popular. But, there’s a reason.
264. The Hoop Group — Gots to love the rhyme.
265. Grasshoppers — A team with good hops should be all over this one.
266. Net Rippers — When you’re shooting the lights out, you’re ripping nets.
267. Hoops I did it again… — ‘Nuff said.
268. The Purple Piranhas — The piranha’s name is so underutilized.
269. First String Only — That’s a high-caliber squad.
270. Superstars 4 Hire — For an enterprising unit.
271. Planet Lovetron — Daryl Dawkins would be so proud.
272. Alley Oops — Cool.
273. Geeks in Sneaks — When your engineering classmates want to play intramurals.
274. Thunder and Lightning — The way you shoot is frightening.
275. High-Top Hoopsters — Just add Chuck Taylors, rinse and repeat.
276. Fast and Furious — You have to play a full-court press to carry this one-off.
277. Jump Shooters and Jammers — Isn’t this the state of the NBA?
278. The Jump Balls — Be confident… they’ll come to see your genius.
279. The Buzzer Beaters — A no-brainer.
Cornhole Team Names
280. The Stalking Dead — This sport was made for team names.
281. Cornhole Reddenbacher — See what I mean?
282. Pirates of the Cornibbean — It’s too easy.
283. Big Bag Theory — Why can’t all sports be like this?
284. Shuck Dynasty — C’mon, it’s like striking out the pitcher.
285. Stalk is Cheap — It sure is.
286. We’re all Ears — Too obvious.
287. Starchky and Husk — This is good!
288. Shooting Shuckers — Not my favorite but to each his own.
289. Hardcore Corn — Careful, this is a family game.
290. The Hole Enchilada — With a twist.
291. The Cobfather — Leave the gun, take the cornoli.
292. Kernel Kings — Meh.
293. Corn Chips — Running out of steam?
294. Last Bag Standing — Ok, coming back.
295. Maized and Confused — I get it.
296. Bagnificient! — This should be shouted on every great shot.
297. Good Corning Vietnam — A bit of a stretch.
298. Blood, Sweat, and Ears — Better.
299. Bilbo Baggins — You can’t help but like this one.
300. Kettle Corn — Ok.
301. The Courne Identity — Jason Courne.
302. It’s in the Bag — Cool.
303. Off the Cob — Cob play on words is not my fave.
304. Driving Miss Maizey — Finishing strong.
305. Baggin’ and Braggin’ — There we go.
Check out more Cornhole Selections.
306. Polar Bears — Less common.
307. Prairie Wolves — Right up there with Polar Bears.
308. Comets — If we only had a Haley on our team.
309. The KingFish — I think this is great.
310. Green Rebels — Not much to say about this one.
311. Fighting Hornets — Youtube videos have shown me that hornets are not to be messed with.
312. Commodores — This team’s a brick house.
313. Green Machine — Nice.
314. Razorbacks — One of my college favorites.
315. Fighting Crusaders — You had “Fighting” to any nickname and the team seems twice as tough.
316. Buffalos — The Buffalos are roaming on their 20-yard line.
317. Ravens — Photo of Edgar Allan Poe is the basis for your team’s logo.
318. Red Dragons — GOT made dragons popular again.
319. Red Foxes — Sandford.
320. Antelopes — I don’t know any team nicknamed Antelopes. There has to be a first.
321. Black Rhinos — Rhinos, like Hippos, are not to be messed with.
322. North Stars — Would be great for a Minnesota or Dallas team
323. Los Lobos — Poetic.
324. Bull Riders — You have to be brave or crazy to get on a bull.
325. Bulldogs — Mean but lovable. That’s the look I’m going for.
326. Continental Drifts — One of a kind winner?
327. Bruins — Traditional, yet uncommon.
328. The Stampede — Love the action orientation of this noun.
329. Grizzlies — Named not just for a bear, but a big bear.
330. Blue Bombers — Again, if Roller Derby is your sport, what’s not to like?
331. Moves like Jagr — Like Cornhole, hockey lends itself well to team names like this one.
332. Hat Trick Swayze — That’s just excellent.
333. Stick Magnets — And not that far away from chick magnets. Worth a shot.
334. Brain Freezers — Shouldn’t Dairy Queen have a product by this name?
335. Penalty Box Reservations — An in-your-face approach to naming.
336. Two Buck Puck — Trader Joe’s as a sponsor?
Cross Checkers — Catchy.
337. Power Players — A success on multiple levels.
338. Hat Trick Heroes — Is “hat trick” the best scoring name in all of the sports? I think so.
339. Ice Ice Baby — Nice, nice name.
340. Dekes of Hazard — Cleverish.
341. Puck Daddies — Not Puff Daddy.
342. Stick Figures — Nice.
343. Ugly Pucklings — A peewee team might find this to be a good handle.
344. Phony Zamboni — Hockey life revolves around the Zamboni.
345. Kings of Puck — Short and sweet.
346. Quick with the Stick — You betcha.
347. Blades of Steel — No doubt.
348. We got Ice’d — Ok, break it up.
349. Shut your 5-hole — If you don’t know what the 5-hole is, look it up.
350. Puck Norris — Did I mention we think a lot of Chuck Norris?
351. Skate or Die — Kind of like the Shark’s mantra to swim or die.
352. Skaters on Thin Ice — The story of my life.
353. Dropping the Gloves — And, then comes five minutes for fighting.
354. Who Needs Teeth? — The hockey player’s lament.
355. Stickman Clan — Poetry in motion.
356. Zambronies — Take hockey bros + Zamboni and this is what you get.
357. The Defrosters — We heated things up on the ice.
358. Flying Elbows — Yes.
359. Toothless Wonders — A little harsh.
360. Lights On — Because that’s what happens when you score.
361. Goals Galore — The first time I’ve used galore in a team name.
362. The Mighty Pucks — Kind of like the Mighty Ducks.
363. The Big Chill — Very nice.
364. Wolfgang Von Pucksters — Heard they make great pizza.
365. Slick Stick Handlers — Just don’t let the hockey hair get in the way.
366. Rink Masters — Good enough.
367. Crossbar Cronies — Okay, I get it.
Kickball Naming Ideas
368. Fried Kickin’ — So clean, so good.
369. Alive and Kicking — While your playoff hopes might be down the drain, at least you’re…
370. Kickerdoodles — Cute for a kids’ team.
371. Kicks R for Kids — Crazy Rabbit.
372. Fresh Prince of Ball Air — Who hasn’t started humming the theme song?
373. Dill Kicles — One step too far?
374. It’s not just for 5-year-olds anymore — Speaks to the resurgence of the game.
375. Kick in a box — The batter’s box that is.
376. Pope Benekicks — Had to reach back a bit, but it was worth it.
377. Mount Kickamonjaro — Hemingway like a reference.
378. Not Athletic Enough for Slow Pitch — And that says a lot.
379. ToeJammers — Yes, kickball can be a dangerous sport.
380. Natural Born Kickers — If you don’t know the difference between killers 381. and kickers, I’m not sending you to recruit a field goal expert.
382. The Bundt Cakes — Out of left field.
383. Jiminy Kick-it — Catchy jingle to it.
384. Kickle Me Elmo — Sure that works.
385. We’ll kick you to the curb — Hey, play by the rules.
Alive and Kickin’
386. RiKICKulous — One word with a kick in the middle.
387. Moves like Kick Jagger — The Stones are cool; just not sure if this name is.
388. Scared Kickless — I get it.
389. Recess Hall-of-Famers — The ultimate recess sport of my youth.
390. We get a kick out of winning — Straight to the point.
391. New Kicks On The Block — I’ll take it.
392. We kick like mules — How about Mule Kickers.
393. Kicks and Stones — Another way to fit in the Stones.
394. Kickin’ Grass and Takin’ Names — Action orientation makes it strong.
395. We do Kickin’ Right — Another chicken reference lost on the non-TV crowd.
396. Through Kick and Through Thin… — All out or all in.
397. Don’t Kick Yourself — Kinda like “Don’t kid yourself.”
398. Slim Kickin’s — So, there was this actor named Slim Pickens and “slim pickings” refers to a small amount.
399. Swift kick in the grass — self-explanatory.
400. Recess Rejects — ‘Cause everyone first played this game at recess.
To continue on, check out Unique Team Names (#401 – 737+).
What makes a good team name?
Most folks feel like they know a good team name when they hear it. Which is probably true.
But, if we wanted to break down some of the aspects as to what makes a good name, we can identify some of the qualities. Here they are.
Is the name memorable?
Do you think the team name is catchy? Will you remember it after reading through a list of names. Some ideas are just obviously spotted so they tend to be hard to forget. Others seem to sound like a whole bunch of other choices. Maybe, they are so common, one mistakes them for teams from another league.
To make names catchier, sometimes a rhyme, e.g., Smash & Bash, or an alliteration, e.g., Dashing Divas can do the trick. Other times, what makes the naming idea successful is borrowed interest.
Folks might know a common phrase, but when reworked with new words, it’s different — and effective. For example, instead of Do Not Call List, a small change makes it Donut Call List. Which, in addition to conveying a different meaning, is pretty funny for a team looking to have a little fun at their own expense.
Is it simple and easy to say?
If the name is not difficult to pronounce and has a relatively simple spelling, folks are more likely to remember it. A name that features common words helps. If not, is the less common word easy to read and say?
Does the name represent the group?
Is the name age and sport appropriate? A selection that is good for a men’s softball team might not be as effective for a little league baseball squad. Know your audience. Error on the side of ensuring that you’re not going to offend folks.
The 3-C factors: creative, clever and cool
In a bigger league, you’ll likely come across a name or two that is clever and unique. Perhaps, it takes advantage of some current news event or is a play on words that just works. It’s quick and to the point, and most people get it right away. These are the type of team names that really stand out.
Learn more by reading Emmy-winning writer Art Novak’s How to Name Your Team and Win the Name Game post.
Where to use your team name
There are a few places where your team name is going to show up. Let me call them out here:
The league schedule. An awesome team name will stand out from the regular stuff here.
Wearables: On your jersey, shirt, shorts or the like. This is your opportunity to bring your team name to life with a fun logo. Think of both a type of treatment and some design elements.
Signs and posters supporting your squad. Always a fun way to support a squad.
On social media. On Facebook and Instagram posts, you can not only call out the team name but also use it in hashtags. Also, if you have a team website, your team name can be all over it as well.
In your team communications. So, your manager or team captain can always sign off each email or text with his or her name, and the team name.
Now, with whatever team name your team selects, embrace it and have a great season!
By Greg Johnson, Art Novak, Tim Moodie & Mike O’Halloran
Mike O’Halloran, editor and founder of Sports Feel Good Stories, compiled this list with the help of Greg Johnson, Art Novak, and Tim Moodie. All four have developed naming options for corporate clients.
You’re on 737+ Best of the Best Team Names — Page 1 — #1 – #400
To see all the names on this list, go to Unique Team Names (#401 – 737+).
You might like: