These Lamar Jackson Quotes — both from him and about him — reflect the type of sensational second NFL season Lamar is enjoying. Electrifying. Redefining the role of QB. Game Changer! These are just some of the descriptors folks use to describe the Ravens’ quarterback.
He’s now become one of the hottest stars in the NFL. We start off with his best quotations.
Best Lamar Jackson Quotes
1. Not bad for a running back.
(After his 5 touchdown passes and perfect QB rating game against the Miami Dolphins in 2019.)
2. Anytime somebody tells me I can’t do something, I’m going to do it.
(On suggestions he may switch positions coming into the NFL Draft.)
3. There was one school that stood by my side…That was the University of Louisville.
4. Mom, I love you so much.
(During his Heisman Trophy speech.)
5. For my teammates, this is an award for all of us.
NFL Draft Quotations
6. Just an honor for the Ravens organization to believe in me. And all the teams that passed me up … there’s a lot that’s gonna come with that.
(After the NFL Draft.)
7. When they came out with the wide receiver thing, it was like, I gotta let these guys know I’m a quarterback… Just me trying to prove my point. I’m a quarterback. That’s all.
(On refusing to run the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine.)
You might like Lamar Jackson FAQs.
Lamar Jackson Ravens
8. I sat down with Mr. Ozzie, and he just told me there’s something about me he likes – I was like, You get me, you’re gonna even like me a lot more.
(On meeting with the Ravens’ Ozzie Newsome.)
9. This is the NFL, so each and every game, you’re going to go in prepared, ready for a dog fight. This one here, it was a dog fight that came down to fourth down (and a) field goal. We were ready, but at the same time, you’ve got to get ready for each and every game because you don’t know what (will) happen.
(On a hard-fought win over the 49ers in Week 13 of the 2019 NFL season.)
10. It’s pretty cool because there are a lot of guys in the NFL. People don’t really see it, but there are a lot of ‘five-stars’ in the NFL. It’s the best of the best. You go play high school or college, you know there’s going to be someone who’s good, but you know that they’re not really that good. But in the NFL, everyone is good, so when they give me credit, I just take it and cherish it.
(On getting props from NFL veterans on social media.)
Inspirational Quotes from Lamar Jackson
11. I’m a Raven—it’s on… All year, every year. I’m happy to be a Raven. It doesn’t matter. They’re gonna get a Super Bowl out of me – believe that.
12. Losing my father and grandmother on the same day… my Mom was a real soldier.
13. It’s just his poise in the pocket. He just looks like he’s so relaxed like he’s on vacation. He just picks defenses apart, and I want to be on that level.
(On Tom Brady)
Lamar Jackson Quote Meme
Quotes about Lamar Jackson
The reviews are in on Lamar Jackson, and as you might expect, incredibly positive. Please read on.
John Harbaugh (Ravens Head Coach) on Lamar
Well, I don’t see him as young. I’ve told you guys. He’s wise beyond his years in a lot of ways. He’s sitting right here. I don’t want to blow him up too much, make him too happy here. But you can because he gets it. Here’s a guy that, I’ve said it many times, he has a very high football IQ.
He also understands the moment. He has poise. (And) He just has an amazing ability to…. It just goes to the way he thinks and the way his mind works. He has an amazing ability to take a lot of factors, a lot of things – play clock, play call, personnel, formation, defense that presents, whatever changes that have to made – and just process all of that in that kind of a moment, which is what makes the position at quarterback so difficult.
I know Lamar’s a very hard worker, and he’s going to do everything he can do to be the very best quarterback he can be. I love his determination.
We all are sports fans, and ‘speed kills’ is what they say, in any sport, really, so it’s fun to watch. But, I do think it’s always more impressive to see it live than it is on tape, sure.
Other Coaches Takes on Jackson
See what coaches say about Lamar Jackson.
Greg Roman, Ravens Offensive Coordinator
You wish everybody could watch Lamar and how he prepares every day — meetings, really everything, just his leadership.
Zac Taylor, Cincinnati Bengals Head Coach
The quarterback on their side (Lamar Jackson) is a heck of a player. He’s one of the most exciting players I’ve ever seen. (He’s) dynamic. I’m interested to see what teams do down the road here to stop him, because he certainly is hitting on all cylinders right now, and the way they complement each other on offense there running the ball — throwing play-action — they’ve done a great job. Hear some of the news conferences after Week 6 loss to Baltimore.
Bobby Petrino, Louisville Cardinals Head Coach
I think every game you’re going to see one or two throws (from Jackson) that there’s not a lot of people in the country that can make them.
Pete Carrol, Seattle Seahawks Head Coach after loss to the Ravens
They’re doing a fantastic job with him in their offense – He’s unique and they know it.
TV Analysts on Lamar Jackson
TV commentators offer their opinions on the football skills of Lamar Jackson.
Troy Aikman on NFL Draft Night
He’s obviously a terrific talent. He’s got a lot of ability, and his passing game did improve as he moved through the last few seasons, and his passing ability did improve fairly well. If you look at him, he’s been well-coached, coming from the Louisville offense and Bobby Petrino. He probably ran more pro concepts than Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma, in a more complicated offense than Sam Darnold ran at USC. So, the fact that he’s able to sit back and watch and learn and become a little bit more accurate as a passer is going to serve him well.
Max Kellerman, First Take Co-Host
Here’s the scary thing about Lamar. He keeps getting better – Jackson and this Ravens team keep getting better!
Tony Dungy, Former NFL Coach, and TV Analyst
Quarterbacks with this type of skill, they can change the game of football, no question.
Mike Shanahan, Former Denver Broncos’ Head Coach
Use him the right way and he could be a guy we’re talking about for years.
It really jumps out at you… And if he’s a guy who wants to be good and really wants to succeed at the next level, because of what he can do running the ball and in your play-action game, he could be second to none.
Chris Collingsworth, Sunday Night Football Broadcaster
Lamar Jackson is truly one of the most exciting young players to come into the league in some time.
NFL Players Takes
Here’s what other players say about Lamar.
Richard Sherman, San Francisco CB
He is a good decision-maker. He knows angles, he knows leverage, he knows when to get down, he knows when to stay up, he knows when to cut back, he knows when to keep it, he knows when to bounce outside. (And) He takes what the defense gives him. (And) He doesn’t waste time taking shots downfield, he takes what the defense gives him. He played a good game.
Michael Vick, Former Atlanta Falcons QB
Lamar Jackson is 5x better than what I was at V-Tech… Enough said!! #future
(Michael Vick had the QB style of play that is most frequently compared to Jackson’s.)
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the editor and founder of Sports Feel Good Stories.
You’re on Best Lamar Jackson Quotes page.
You might like:
Also, check out: